making up the shakes. best approach?

Smurfette

Silver Member
The worst thing i remember about LT was the shakes not being fully dissolved - no matter what i seemed to have loads of powdery bits floating around in the glass - extra water didnt seem to help to dissolve it either. i just use a fork to mix it though as had tried the handblender things and found them a lot more ttrouble for very little result. Also just wondering does it matter if u split the shake up and have it over a few glasses rather than all in one go???

hi, i use a lipotrim shaker to make my shakes up - you can buy them at the pharmacy you get ur shakes from - i have never had lumps since i used this.

Unfortunately if you make a lipotrim latte [decaf coffee + vanilla shake] you cant use the shaker so i just whisk it and inevitably that does leave little lumps - these eventually melt by themselves though.

i think it is ok to drink smaller shakes spread out over the day - so long as u injest all 3 sachets - you are still getting everything you body needs to keep working.
:)

Last edited:
I use a magic bullet but when i'm in my bfs i use a whisk and tbh it's just as good!

Omg I could never drink them like that!!!:( look get a four pound hand blender fron asda I think mine is from comes in two parts just screw on and off to use and wash could do without it!! Us I make my shakes with 500 ml of water I enjoy them thinner us it's getting extra water in too :)

ok well i will see how i get on tomorrow and let ye know. i know getting thru the first day will be hard - especially the 3pm slump!
but i am hoping to get a walk in then to blast away any bad notions. ooo i am so nervous..what if i fail. i know its a ridiculous comment but its a fear i have. but i guess not trying at all is really when i have failed. ok positive thinking. I CAN DO THIS. I AM IN CHARGE OF MY BODY NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

Im currently using a shaker, have used it for other shakes (protein and creatine mix's).

If you do get a shaker make sure its a screw on lid one, and make sure that its screwed on propperly! Accidents can happen lol.

Another thing to make sure of is that it comes with a mesh on the top (inside is a plastic disk that filters out any lumps).

Never had a problem so far with my lipotrim or any other shakes, though I have only been on lipotrim for 24 hours now! haha

The lumps are horrble. I use a hand blender and rinse it under the tap. Why not give the flapjacks a go for taking out with you. They are an acquired taste (cardboard) but taken in small bites with a coffee they can do the job.

The worst thing i remember about LT was the shakes not being fully dissolved - no matter what i seemed to have loads of powdery bits floating around in the glass - extra water didnt seem to help to dissolve it either. i just use a fork to mix it though as had tried the handblender things and found them a lot more ttrouble for very little result. Also just wondering does it matter if u split the shake up and have it over a few glasses rather than all in one go???

Regarding the shakes - I put them in a blender with ice and water, blend the life out of the ice and water until it's slush, then gradually add the shake (and keep blending) so it comes back out like a smoothie - then I sit there like a big child and drink it through a straw. I rarely get any chunks tbh.

With the chocolate and strawberry, I add one sweetener tablet, and with the vanilla, I add one sweetener and a spoonful of coffee.

When I say ice water, you can also use peppermint tea for the chocolate and Vanilla. It's all options, eh?

that's so funny beatthebelly i've just thanked someone for the coffee n peppermint idea..a godsend..it makes such a difference!!

Funny thing is, i'm not even a coffee drinker lol. It just helps me though...

What peppermint are you mixing with your shakes? Just curious if its just some sort of essence. I haven't been on 'em long enough to get sick just yet, but I'm sure it'll help in the future! haha

Might have to give that one a try! Sounds pretty tasty :D

I just asked that peppermint question in another thread, oops, dufus :eek:

Back