making veg palatable?

366to266

Wanna lose 100lb
Any ideas for someone making the transition into eating cooked veg without using up calories?

I have got potatoes, swede, carrots, and that kind of thing, but am at a loss if I'm not allowed to slather them with butter or roast them in oil.

So far the only idea I have come up with is to pour Bisto beef flavour gravy over everything. I know it's processed cr@p but I need something at first till I can stomach eating them without.

Thanks

Helena

Throw some cumin or other spice/herbs over them and roast them.
Mash up the swede and put black pepper in it.:)

Thanks Cave. If you roast root veg in a pan without fat, don't they stick to the pan?

Do you think they taste MUCH better roasted than, say, boiled or steamed?

Do you think they taste MUCH better roasted than, say, boiled or steamed?

I much prefer carrots, swede, parsnips, onion roasted, I mix them with a spoon of honey and whole grain mustard and they are delicious :)

Try roasting them in small cubes for twenty minutes no oil just veg and then blitzing them down into a soup, so tasty x

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Honey must make them SOOOOOOO more-ish! I must look up how many calories in a tablespoonful!

EEK 50 calories in a level tbsp.

Try turning the veg into a spicy curry. I made a aubergine &green bean curry the other night , really yummy. It was HFW veg every day cook book.

I absolutely hate veg!!! I just can't stand it so it's been very tricky for me to start incorporating them into my diet. I'll have to try out some of these tips :)

Thanks for the tips. I have tried a few times now baking them in the oven. Broccoli, carrots, sweet potato, butternut squash and brussels sprouts. I tried with no oil but they were not good. They need oil, and lots of it, but at 120 calories a tablespoon it kind of defeats the object in a way... HOWEVER if you have the oil instead of meat you are saving at least 120 calories on the meat, so that works out!

Back