Mama's Meals

Hi mama
Please can i have your no fried chicken recipe?

Thanks hun xx

gizmogirl said:
Hi mama
Please can i have your no fried chicken recipe?

Thanks hun xx

It's on the first page of this thread iirc!

Hi mamma I have never tried plantain and really would like to I'm pretty sure I can't get it here but my friend is posting me some from Leeds market lol! What is the tastiness thing I can do with it slimming world stylee ? Thanks x x

Applekath said:
Thanks mama. Apologies. I did a search but probably couldn't see it for looking.

Look forward to the coleslaw recipe :)

Hi applekath
Sorry about the delay.
For the coleslaw I use red and green cabbage, carrots and onion. All grated or thinly sliced. I used a mix of natural yoghurt, extra light salad cream and extra light Mayo. Add salt, pepper and a teaspoon of sugar.

Keldelacoe said:
Hi mamma I have never tried plantain and really would like to I'm pretty sure I can't get it here but my friend is posting me some from Leeds market lol! What is the tastiness thing I can do with it slimming world stylee ? Thanks x x

Hey keldelacoe
Plantain is yummy. I would recommend boiling it. Buy it and Wait until the skin has slightly darkened. Then top and tail it and then cut in half. Add it to boiling water and cook for approx 20mins.
Once cooked, remove the skin and enjoy.

You could also slice it and fry it. No need to boil it first, just peel and cook it from raw.

I think I've shown pictures of it with various accompaniments so look for pictures and it will show what it should look like boiled and fried.

Mama x

gizmogirl said:
Your very famous on here mama..please can i come live with u? Lol Xx

Thanks gizmogirl. For the first time in ages I looked on mins on the laptop and couldn't believe how many views I've had! Eek.

You want to move in?

What are you gonna do for me??? ?

mama_mia said:
Hey keldelacoe
Plantain is yummy. I would recommend boiling it. Buy it and Wait until the skin has slightly darkened. Then top and tail it and then cut in half. Add it to boiling water and cook for approx 20mins.
Once cooked, remove the skin and enjoy.

You could also slice it and fry it. No need to boil it first, just peel and cook it from raw.

I think I've shown pictures of it with various accompaniments so look for pictures and it will show what it should look like boiled and fried.

Mama x

Thank you do much :))) x

mm as Mama's not back yet Ill post one - this is my fave thing to do with plantain: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/214451-erms-photo-diary-45.html#post4306845 - roasted in a bit of brown sugar & nutmeg, with some creamy Greek yoghurt :)

ermintrude said:
mm as Mama's not back yet Ill post one - this is my fave thing to do with plantain: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/214451-erms-photo-diary-45.html#post4306845 - roasted in a bit of brown sugar & nutmeg, with some creamy Greek yoghurt :)

Oh this sounds lovely might try this as I have two left! I fried the first in fry light and it was dry as hell so prob worth dying some olive oil :) the biscuits sound lovely but although my cooking is not bad my baking is not great at all! Lol :))

Yeah mine were not the best but they still tasted good :D Youre supposed to use them to scoop up your food but I quite liked them as biscuits on their own, theyve got that halfway taste, could be either sweet or savoury :)

Mama I can't find the recipes for the bud beef or jerk rice ??xxxxx

They are on here I promise as I've just been through the whole thread and seen them. I can't copy and paste on this poxy work computer though, sorry.

Hi applekath
Sorry about the delay.
For the coleslaw I use red and green cabbage, carrots and onion. All grated or thinly sliced. I used a mix of natural yoghurt, extra light salad cream and extra light Mayo. Add salt, pepper and a teaspoon of sugar.

No worries and thank you. I've just been through the whole of your thread and copied loads of stuff down.

Thank you again so much. First thing I'm going to try is turkey meatballs as funds are tight! ;-)

Applekath said:
They are on here I promise as I've just been through the whole thread and seen them. I can't copy and paste on this poxy work computer though, sorry.

Thanks will go a searching !!!! :)

Mama I can't find the recipes for the bud beef or jerk rice ??xxxxx

TracyB - here's the Bud Beef
Mamas budweiser beef

Cooking time approx. 2hrs
Serves approx. 3-3

Stewing steak (approximate 500-600g)
Salt
Pepper
Minced/ chopped Garlic
2x tbsp Soy sauce
3 small Sweet potatoes (chopped medium)
1-2 x Spring onions (chopped)
Budweiser (approx. half a 330ml bottle)
Half tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp ketchup
Scotch bonnet pepper or chili
1tbsp sugar (optional)

Season beef with salt, pepper and garlic. Leave to marinade for as long as you can (no more than 24 hrs)

Fry beef to brown
Add spring onions
Add enough budweiser to reach half way up beef.
Add Worcestershire sauce
Add ketchup
Add herbs
Cook on low for about 10 mins.
Taste
Add tbsp sugar and/ or more beer, worcestershire sauce, ketchup. Adjust to your taste.
Chop Scotch bonnet to desired amount or leave whole and add to above
Cook (lid on) under a low heat for approx. 1.5 hrs until meat is near tender.
Add chopped sweet potatoes approx. 20mins before the end of cooking.

Done. This would work well in the slow cooker (and maybe even in a casserole in the oven) and freezes really well.

BUT PLEASE CAN SOMEONE POINT ME IN THE DIRECTION OF THE JERK RICE

Back