Mama's Meals

Yeah I've heard people talk about the low fat coconut milk but I've tried all my local supermarkets and not found it. My local Asian supermarkets don't have it either..:( Not to worry, rice and peas is a Sunday thing at home so even the normal way of doing it won't hurt. It hasn't so far anyhow!

I think that trying different things so you don't get bored is the key to sticking to the plan and ultimately results in the required weight loss. Mind you even if I wasn't trying to lose weight I think it'd be worth trying out some of these yummy recipes.

Cooking SW doner kebab, SW KFC and Diet Coke chicken as we speak...:happy036:

You can find the coconut milk where the soya & uht milk are in tescos hun. Its called Kallo with added calcium coconut milk - 400mls is a HEA.

kingleds said:
You can find the coconut milk where the soya & uht milk are in tescos hun. Its called Kallo with added calcium coconut milk - 400mls is a HEA.

I didn't know it was a hexa ,that's good to know :)

Mama you are fast becoming a sw guru lol.

Will be trying some of your food this week,and will let you know how it goes x

Kallo is a stock cube :D Dont go adding that to your coffee ;)

It's called Kara dairy free coconut milk and it looks like this:

227764-kara-coconut-milk-drink-1l.jpg

Yeah they keep it in the UHT milk aisle, near the UHT flavoured shakes and stuff in my supermarket :)

ermintrude said:

Yeah they keep it in the UHT milk aisle, near the UHT flavoured shakes and stuff in my supermarket :)

Thank godness for you Erm!!! I'd hate to have been responsible for ruining someones coffee :).

Tracy831 said:
Mama you are fast becoming a sw guru lol.

Will be trying some of your food this week,and will let you know how it goes x

Fanks Tracy. Am still learning but am getting there. You all teach me so much too!

Let me know how you get on...x

ermintrude said:

LOL
thank goodness for ermintrude. If you want to know anything SW related she's your gal!

I'm going to look for this myself this week

Thanks...never thought of looking there!! :rolleyes:

Got a nasty cold but am determined to lose something (anything!) this week! Need some serious pepper to sweat this out...time for Mama's Mama's famous...

Tuna and scotch bonnet omelette and beans

Attachments

• image-1628802591.jpg
    image-1628802591.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 197
Hope you feel better soon mama! I'm also choked with a horrible cold, got home made lentil soup in the fridge to get me through it:)

xx

evilpenguin said:
Hope you feel better soon mama! I'm also choked with a horrible cold, got home made lentil soup in the fridge to get me through it:)

xx

Thanks penguin. Poor poor us...

It's funny but once upon a time I would use being ill as an excuse for a huge binge (KFC). now I reach for clementines...I guess I've changed...I love SW!!

Cuddles x

Thanks penguin. Poor poor us...

It's funny but once upon a time I would use being ill as an excuse for a huge binge (KFC). now I reach for clementines...I guess I've changed...I love SW!!

Cuddles x

Haha I've changed too, my bf has these beechams blackcurrant drinks but I refused to have one because of the syns lol. Would rather be ill than waste syns on a minging medicinal drink!

xx

Is the rice cooker fool proof why to get perfect rice every time? Rice cooking for me is hit or miss(miss mostly) Don't really want to clutter me kitchen, or spend money on stuff if they don't really work

I love mine FT. I am the same. i can cook well but for some reason rice just eludes me.

My one is so old and one of he legs has fallen off (i use cardboard under it), yet it still works perfectly.
It never burns and anything that means that i dont have to stay in the kitchen is a welcome to me.

I cook my rice in the micro.
I put the rice in a bowl pour kettle water over it so that it's about an inch higher than the rice ,cover in clingfilm pierce a hole ,and nuke it for about 12 mins .

Back