Mama's Meals

mama_mia said:
Hey Tracy,
Happy Christmas!!!!

It's rubbish isn't it! We had insurance so pretty much all of it will be covered by that. As the airline wouldn't allow us to fly anyway, we didn't really have a choice; but that means that we are covered by a medical certificate.

I'm a bit disappointed (more for Mia) but as long as we are all well I don't really care. Our health is the most important thing and it wouldn't have been fair to take Mia to a hot country whilst being so scratchy.

Any tips on making her more comfortable??? X x

I think the best thing would be to wear the least amount of clothing so that they don't irritate the spots and plenty of calamine lotion !!!
Hope she gets better soon :) Xxxx

Tracy831 said:
I think the best thing would be to wear the least amount of clothing so that they don't irritate the spots and plenty of calamine lotion !!!
Hope she gets better soon :) Xxxx

Thanks Tracy. My poor poor baby :(

eubankclare said:
What a fantastic food diary, im sooooo glad i found you.
I love the idea of batch cooking for the whole week.
Do you just keep things in fridge or do you freeze everything?
Please Please Please keep the rec going :)

Oh and sorry about the cold and pox and esp missing your hols :(
Clare

Thanks and welcome Claire.

I'll write up some bits and post. Batch cooking is a lifesaver!!!!

Off to the chemist now...

Hope Mia is ok today and not suffering too much:(
I know exactly how she feels ,I got chicken pox when I was 23 courtesy of my daughter !!!
The itching can drive you crazy !!

Tracy831 said:
Hope Mia is ok today and not suffering too much:(
I know exactly how she feels ,I got chicken pox when I was 23 courtesy of my daughter !!!
The itching can drive you crazy !!

Hi Tracy,
Thanks for asking honey. She is bearing up although it's in her hair, her eyes and even her toes. I think I'm finding it harder to be honest. I hate feeling useless and that's how i feel as I can't make the itching stop. My poor poor baby. Sigh.... I guess it will pass soon!

I can't believe you had it at 23.... That must've been horrendous!

I did sit there and watch the spots pop up along my arms ,it was quite funny really now I look back but that was almost 20 yes ago!!! I don't know where the time has gone !!!!:( x

Well today ive made your KFC chicken and made some to freeze ready for next weeks dinners. Also put some chicken in your roast pork fried rice merinade (had to use chicken as didnt have pork). Will let you know how it goes :)
Hope Mia is feeling better

eubankclare said:
Well today ive made your KFC chicken and made some to freeze ready for next weeks dinners. Also put some chicken in your roast pork fried rice merinade (had to use chicken as didnt have pork). Will let you know how it goes :)
Hope Mia is feeling better

Hi Eubankclare,
How'd it go?? I made some no fry fried chicken on the bone this week so will post.
Let me know how you get on x x

mama_mia said:
go for it then hon!!

Just add some in at the pea boiling stage... I'm not sure but coconut cream (block) may be lower than coconut cream and you can add less (but i dont think its the best quality product and isnt great for the old ticker!).

Also, have heard it suggested to use coconut essence.

I may give it a try and let you know how it goes...

Forgot to say that when I made this the other week I used coconut essence and it worked a treat !:)

Hi I have been cooking Jamaican food for years but not since SW so happy to see some recipes adapted.
Can't wait to see some more please?:eatdrink051:
In the Saturday soup how many stock cubes do you use I have Knorr and maggi. Gnocchi a great idea but do you know syns for cornmeal dumplings? (may be worth using as an occasional treat) :)

Hi Eubankclare,
How'd it go?? I made some no fry fried chicken on the bone this week so will post.
Let me know how you get on x x

Hi
It was great, the chicken fried rice made me 3 good size meals so one is in fridge for this week and another in freezer.
The KFC chicken was yummy, i boiled my chicken on the bone first them cooked in oven, made enough to freeze them too so i can take them with rice or salad to work for my dinner.
Thank you so much cant wait for more ideas :)

Clare

eubankclare said:
Hi
It was great, the chicken fried rice made me 3 good size meals so one is in fridge for this week and another in freezer.
The KFC chicken was yummy, i boiled my chicken on the bone first them cooked in oven, made enough to freeze them too so i can take them with rice or salad to work for my dinner.
Thank you so much cant wait for more ideas :)

Clare

Great stuff hon, so glad you enjoyed AND have some for the fridge and freezer.

My simple rule is... never, ever cook one meal at a time. If you're in the kitchen anyway, are already using the gas, already heating the oven, chopping the onions, boiling the spuds, then cook more than one meal whilst ur there. It is both time and cost efficient and you can feel smug at the end of it! LOL

Tracy831 said:
Forgot to say that when I made this the other week I used coconut essence and it worked a treat !:)

Hey Tracy,
Wow, I'll have to give it a go myself now! Ermmm...Where are the pictures?? X x

Jo* said:
Hi I have been cooking Jamaican food for years but not since SW so happy to see some recipes adapted.
Can't wait to see some more please?:eatdrink051:
In the Saturday soup how many stock cubes do you use I have Knorr and maggi. Gnocchi a great idea but do you know syns for cornmeal dumplings? (may be worth using as an occasional treat) :)

Hi Jo
Welcome :)

I would use the knorr chicken cubes. How many? Well I would start by using 1 or 2 and, when you have added the amount of water you want for the soup Overall, then taste to see if you need/ want more.

I only do things by taste I'm afraid.

I don't know the syns for dumplings but I have started a syn thread on Afro caribbean food so you can post the question there (or in the syn section overall) and I'm sure someone will help.

No fry fried chicken (on the bone)

This was cooked in the airfryer so I dint need to boil it first. Very yummy!

Attachments

• image-949872438.jpg
    image-949872438.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 259
  • image-2646806047.jpg
    image-2646806047.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 211
mama_mia said:
No fry fried chicken (on the bone)

This was cooked in the airfryer so I dint need to boil it first. Very yummy!

That looks very tasty :)
I made your Saturday soup today and I loved it xx

Tracy831 said:
That looks very tasty :)
I made your Saturday soup today and I loved it xx

Yay, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Did you get all of the I ingredients or did you put your own twist???

Back