Mama's Meals

Hi Lilly,
Well, the deal is that you look after miss Mia and you can stay!!!

Haven't posted those two recipes but will if you want me to. I didnt like te chicken in stout so don't really want to post the recipe but will if you absolutely insist...

Will need a day or three to post them as miss Mia is a bit poorly and, therefore, a bit clingy.

Soon come

Mama x x

Ah no rush, hope your little miss is better soon, I'l have her and you have my twins and 16 year old ! I'm working tomorrow but feeling a little smug cos I'm all organised and have everything ready for your pork and rice ! Get in ! X

evilpenguin said:
I'm making your curry on Friday mama! Gonna do it in the slow cooker and have it with plain rice, maybe brown or basmati! :drool:

penguin!!!!!!!!

Sounds yum. Let me know how you get on x x

Lilly1125 said:
Ah no rush, hope your little miss is better soon, I'l have her and you have my twins and 16 year old ! I'm working tomorrow but feeling a little smug cos I'm all organised and have everything ready for your pork and rice ! Get in ! X

Thanks Lilly. I feel like she's always I'll at the moment and it's so hard when you work.

Can't believe you have twins and a 16yr old. How wonderful. Look forward to seeing some pics x x

Enjoy the rice x

Oh my days ! Jamaican stewed beef, beeaaauuutiiiffuulll ! (I added a little to much vinegar so sprinkled a t spoon of sweetener before cooking). Too bad oh got stuck at work tonight, he's the one that's mad on Jamaican food !

Thanks mumma_mia x

KFC chic tommorow !

Lilly1125 said:
Oh my days ! Jamaican stewed beef, beeaaauuutiiiffuulll ! (I added a little to much vinegar so sprinkled a t spoon of sweetener before cooking). Too bad oh got stuck at work tonight, he's the one that's mad on Jamaican food !

Thanks mumma_mia x

KFC chic tommorow !

Yay Lilly, well done you. Let me know what ur OH thinks too. Good choice with the sugar, I wouldve done the same. Beef and a touch of sweetness go well together.

Last edited:
mama_mia said:
Have decided to do a fish week next week .

Fish week

Jerk salmon, rice and peas, spinach (lunch and dinner)
Seafood paella, courgette, peas, carrots, leeks (lunch and dinner)
Sprats and chips (dinner)
Steamed fish, cho cho and okra with green banana (dinner)
Fish finger sandwich and chips (dinner)
Salmon fish cakes, Caesar salad (lunch and dinner)
Salmon and chilli pasta (lunch and dinner)

@ mama mia, sounds yummy you need to send me some recipes

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Mama, how do you do your scotch eggs at the beginning of this thread please?

Mine tend to split when done in the oven :-(

Hi all
I hope you're all well....

Well, fish week was a bit of a non-starter! I made some of the recipes and they were ok but I realised that I don't love fish enough to have it all week ! Lol

More than that, because I like and NEED to cook in advance because of time constraints etc., a fish week didn't work for, to be really enjoyed, it has to be cooked fresh.

This was coupled with both myself and Mia being ill. Most of the dishes went in the bin and the experience will not be repeated again any time soon lol

So.... We are back to normal with lots of meat and poultry and I couldn't be happier. Won't be posting this week as I am not cooking anything new. Watch this space for next week though!

Sending cuddles

Mama x x x

Hi Mama
I made your no fry KFC style chicken yesterday and it was fantastic. I now have an actifry thingy too so will need a bit of advice on using that too ;)
Hope you're ok, take care x

Hi mamma I'm loving this thread!! I love Jamaican food!! For the Jamaican stewed steak could I use diced beef casserole meat instead of stewing steak?? Can't wait to try the no fry chicken. I also love curry chicken!! I go a bit ott with scotch bonnet sometimes oops lol
Keep up the good work!!

beckyb89 said:
Hi mamma I'm loving this thread!! I love Jamaican food!! For the Jamaican stewed steak could I use diced beef casserole meat instead of stewing steak?? Can't wait to try the no fry chicken. I also love curry chicken!! I go a bit ott with scotch bonnet sometimes oops lol
Keep up the good work!!
Sorry to butt in but I think it's the same thing :)

beckyb89 said:
Lol thanks I can be so blonde at times ?

Ha no not at all :D

Back