Mama's Meals

Hey mama good to see u back again.
I am totally off the wagon,I don't really come on here much anymore,but totally understand what u mean about trying to fit everything in :(

Was thinking of u the other day,we are off to turkey on Tuesday and my 7 year old gets sent home on Monday with chicken pox !!!!!!!!!!!
Ring any bells !!!!!!!!!! :)

Tracy831 said:
Hey mama good to see u back again.
I am totally off the wagon,I don't really come on here much anymore,but totally understand what u mean about trying to fit everything in :(

Was thinking of u the other day,we are off to turkey on Tuesday and my 7 year old gets sent home on Monday with chicken pox !!!!!!!!!!!
Ring any bells !!!!!!!!!! :)

Hi Tracey
OMG... so sorry to hear about your little one! Will you be able to go or will you have to postpone? We are only just having our holiday since December and are off to LA. poor you

Let's email and see if we can support each other x

The No - Fry Southern Fried chicken thighs look lip smackingly good !!

yoyonomore2012 said:
The No - Fry Southern Fried chicken thighs look lip smackingly good !!

Thanks hon. It is yummy and if you use an air fryer o rthe oven it comes out great

Thanks hon. It is yummy and if you use an air fryer o rthe oven it comes out great

Mama_Mia, thank you so much for your southern-non-fried chicken recipe - we've had it two night on the row - made it especially hot for me and hubby - he couldn't believe it was a slimming world recipe - we haven't got an actifry and I must say using the thighs is a must it is just so juicy and delish...oh dear might have to have it again tonight...3 nights on the trot lol!

Can I just ask how many syns do you count each piece as?

One to try: Charley's Chinese Rice

Cooked chicken - I used leftovers from Sunday.
Cooked rice.
Chopped garlic and chilli and ginger (I only had powder but fresh is best) and Chinese five spice, all of this was to my taste, I rarely measured herbs and spices.
A bag of stir fry
Soy sauce
1/2 eggs (I only used one as I had two for brekkie and thought 4 eggs in one day would be too much for the old tum tum to take!

Fry off the cooked rice, ginger garlic chilli and five spice for a few mins until the aromas hit and are well abs truly mixed, add the chicken which I chopped into little pieces (71g) doesnt go very far does it?!? Defo do this on EE day as you can add more chicken. Then add the stir fry mix, a mix that up then shake as much soy sauce in as you wish - then one this is all cooked and ready make a hole in the centre of the pan or wok and break an egg or two. Let it settle for 10/20 seconds and then scramble it around the rest of the dish - et voila - at this point I added some chilli sauce but 1 tbsp didn't go far and I couldn't really taste it. It was nice and it was a massive portion which took ages to eat (I lurve meals like that!) but it felt so saintly because of all the veg. Try it Ang, it really is easy. I have a thread going on the recipe section called foods of the world .. Where we are trying out different foods of a specific country, May is France and I am cooking up a real treat on Friday to post. Come and join, there arent many of us, come and support us. Xx

Jo* said:
How long in the air fryer, I want to try in my Actifry, should be roughly the same? Ooh and sorry more questions been looking through and can't spot it, are these boneless thighs?

Hi Jo
I do both boneless and bone in thighs. I find the bone in better as it's jucier. I use boneless for chicken burgers.

I would say about 15mins at about 200. Just keep and eye on it.
Mama x

donnajt said:
Mama_Mia, thank you so much for your southern-non-fried chicken recipe - we've had it two night on the row - made it especially hot for me and hubby - he couldn't believe it was a slimming world recipe - we haven't got an actifry and I must say using the thighs is a must it is just so juicy and delish...oh dear might have to have it again tonight...3 nights on the trot lol!

Can I just ask how many syns do you count each piece as?

Ahh... Glad you enjoyed! It is moreish, isn't it! Lol
(thanks for the recipe too)

Today's cook up

Trinidadian pork and pak choi
Mamas budweiser beef
Balsamic Roasted veg with feta
Mamas red aubergine ragout
Mamas BBQ chicken

As always, if you like something I'll post the recipe x x

Last edited:
Mamas budweiser beef

Cooking time approx. 2hrs
Serves approx. 3-3

Stewing steak (approximate 500-600g)
Salt
Pepper
Minced/ chopped Garlic
2x tbsp Soy sauce
3 small Sweet potatoes (chopped medium)
1-2 x Spring onions (chopped)
Budweiser (approx. half a 330ml bottle)
Half tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp ketchup
Scotch bonnet pepper or chili
1tbsp sugar (optional)

Season beef with salt, pepper and garlic. Leave to marinade for as long as you can (no more than 24 hrs)

Fry beef to brown
Add spring onions
Add enough budweiser to reach half way up beef.
Add Worcestershire sauce
Add ketchup
Add herbs
Cook on low for about 10 mins.
Taste
Add tbsp sugar and/ or more beer, worcestershire sauce, ketchup. Adjust to your taste.
Chop Scotch bonnet to desired amount or leave whole and add to above
Cook (lid on) under a low heat for approx. 1.5 hrs until meat is near tender.
Add chopped sweet potatoes approx. 20mins before the end of cooking.

Done. This would work well in the slow cooker (and maybe even in a casserole in the oven) and freezes really well.

Mama x

Attachments

• image-2360140631.jpg
    image-2360140631.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Trinidadian pork with pak choi

Attachments

• image-3504346028.jpg
    image-3504346028.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 142
Balsamic roasted veg with feta

Chop your fave vegetables. I used the following

Squash (skin on)
Aubergine
Peppers
courgette

Add some balsamic vinegar, dried oregano, dried or fresh thyme, salt and black pepper

Cover in foil. Cook in oven at about 160 for about 40 mins. Uncover for last 10 mins.

Attachments

• image-4199275231.jpg
    image-4199275231.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 144
  • image-1536505380.jpg
    image-1536505380.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Mamas Red Aubergine Ragout (serve with spaghetti)

Attachments

• image-4197508121.jpg
    image-4197508121.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 121
Mamas BBQ chicken (for Miss Mia)

Attachments

• image-1729661775.jpg
    image-1729661775.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 141
Lovely Mama. The beef recipe would be good and also I'd like to know how you did the pork with pok choi? Thanks :)

Cooked chicken - I used leftovers from Sunday.
Cooked rice.
Chopped garlic and chilli and ginger (I only had powder but fresh is best) and Chinese five spice, all of this was to my taste, I rarely measured herbs and spices.
A bag of stir fry
Soy sauce
1/2 eggs (I only used one as I had two for brekkie and thought 4 eggs in one day would be too much for the old tum tum to take!

Fry off the cooked rice, ginger garlic chilli and five spice for a few mins until the aromas hit and are well abs truly mixed, add the chicken which I chopped into little pieces (71g) doesnt go very far does it?!? Defo do this on EE day as you can add more chicken. Then add the stir fry mix, a mix that up then shake as much soy sauce in as you wish - then one this is all cooked and ready make a hole in the centre of the pan or wok and break an egg or two. Let it settle for 10/20 seconds and then scramble it around the rest of the dish - et voila - at this point I added some chilli sauce but 1 tbsp didn't go far and I couldn't really taste it. It was nice and it was a massive portion which took ages to eat (I lurve meals like that!) but it felt so saintly because of all the veg. Try it Ang, it really is easy. I have a thread going on the recipe section called foods of the world .. Where we are trying out different foods of a specific country, May is France and I am cooking up a real treat on Friday to post. Come and join, there arent many of us, come and support us. Xx
Sorry Mama - that was meant to be in my food diary lol!!!

Mmm, these all sound so yummy!

Back