MancBird Reloaded - The Road to Target

Did you have a nice enough time to make the hangover worth while? :) xxx

Forgive me SW for I have synned!!! This weekend has been a bit of a disaster so got a lot of work to do before WI tomorrow.... :eek:/ hoping I can pull back the damage and get a maintain?!?!

Monday 10th June 2013 - EE Day

Brekkie - Hifi Bar (HEXB), Coffee with milk x 2 (2)

Lunch - SALAD and lots of it! Lean ham, a boiled egg, ff salad dressing, HEXA Feta, extra feta (5), salad cream (2)

Snacks - Activia yog, Apple, Satsuma, Mullerlight, MELON pieces

Evening Meal - 4 x Tesco Light Choices Sausages (4), Eggs, Bacon, Baked Beans, Mushrooms and Tomatoes, Brown sauce (2)

Syns - 15/15

Hex - 2/2

Last edited:
Starting to get serious guilts now about how off plan I was at weekend, I'm dreading WI now and having to take a gain in week 3 :(... why do we do these things?

I've also got a long planned meal out on Friday and then afternoon tea with my ladies on Saturday, been planned for so long and I it will be difficult to stay on track again this week... the dark clouds are forming, getting that helpless feeling of losing control!

Any ideas how I can keep the demons at bay and make sure I don't mess up this week? xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hmn the thing I would suggest is don't treat going off plan as having 'messed up' - if you're feeling down and guilty about it this could trigger a 'f-it' moment and you'll end up eating more :(

Yeah your weekend didn't go to plan but it happens to everyone at some stage, you're back on it 100% today so just put it behind you and carry on. If you don't do so well at WI this week it's only one result out of many more to follow. And as for the planned meals out on friday/saturday - those are part of real life so enjoy them :) Maybe consider upping your activity to help offset the extra syns rather than having your focus purely on food? xx

Thank you ladies, great suggestion on upping the activity and also saving up some syns for weekend, I have been 100% today and will be tomorrow and whatever the scales say I won't give up and will keep trying!

Your support means the world, thank you xxxxx

I would agree with not seeing days out occasions as bad, they're a very enjoyable part of life. If you're anything like me, you don't need to lose weight because of occasional days out or parties but more because of bad everyday habits.

I agree with weekly syns being a good idea overall, especially for weeks where you have planned meals out and you don't want to go the flexisyn route :)

I would say though if you've had a REALLY bad day which leaves you having to cut back to a point where it leaves you struggling for the rest of the week it can be better to just write the bad day off, stick to your usual daily allowance and aim to limit the damage as best you can without putting yourself in the situation where you feel so deprived you snap and end up having another blow out.

Well done on pulling it back to 100% today, keep your head up chick ;) xxx

I would agree with not seeing days out occasions as bad, they're a very enjoyable part of life. If you're anything like me, you don't need to lose weight because of occasional days out or parties but more because of bad everyday habits.

Yes I think this is 100% true, its the everyday bad habits that put my weight on, not the odd night out xxx

I agree with weekly syns being a good idea overall, especially for weeks where you have planned meals out and you don't want to go the flexisyn route :)

I would say though if you've had a REALLY bad day which leaves you having to cut back to a point where it leaves you struggling for the rest of the week it can be better to just write the bad day off, stick to your usual daily allowance and aim to limit the damage as best you can without putting yourself in the situation where you feel so deprived you snap and end up having another blow out.

Well done on pulling it back to 100% today, keep your head up chick ;) xxx

I think the worst thing I did this weekend was stop counting... I just ended up thinking "sod it" which is dangerous... I think even if I had consumed hundreds of syns, at least if I counted I would remain in control somehow... because I didn't I felt helpless!

Had a sneak peek this morning and looking at a gain tonight, maybe 2lbs... hopefully not worse.

Another 100% day's food coming up though xxxxxx

Tuesday 11th June 2013 - EE Day

Brekkie - Hifi Bar (HEXB), green tea

Lunch - Salad, lean ham, tomatoes, HEXA Feta

Snacks - Activia yog, Apple, Banana, Kitkat (5.5)

Evening Meal - SW Spag Bol made with extra lean beef mince, onion, baked beans, passata, stock, mushrooms, tomatoes and spaghetti.

Syns - 5.5/15

Hex - 2/2

Hm you know what might help if you feel wobbly again - try some new slimmimg world recipes. Just in case a bit of boredom is playing a part in the wobbles, having lots of variety could make you less vulnerable to syn-binges?

Anywho, today's food looks good, might be having the same tea myself :D

Can't beat a good spag bol for comfort food in this rain!

I think I might kick start some exercise tonight, I've had Josie Gibson's dvd since January and not attempted it yet haha xx

3lbs on.

Bad :eek:(

Bummer. Hopefully you'll drop it by next week though xx

3lb on is fine babe - i gained 4 after my Cornish holiday so now its horrid getting bad news.

Just get on the wagon and be good!!!

Wednesday 12th June 2013 - EE Day

Brekkie - Hifi Bar (HEXB), ff fromage frais and frozen fruit

Lunch - Leftover spag bol (free)

Snacks - Activia yog x 2, Banana, melon, pineapple, HEXA milk for coffees

Evening Meal - Home made burger, wholemeal roll (6), 4 tbsps Tsatziki (4), sweet potato wedges, beetroot

Syns - 10/15

Hex - 2/2

I also did my first bit of excercise since restart last night, Level 1 of Josie Gibson's dvd, it was really hard!!!! xx

Back