Mango!

Meli

Gold Member
OH brought a box full of mangos and I just can't resist them. Just wanted to make sure that it's definately okay to have them? They are considered a superfree fruit?

Thank goodness- between mangos and pineapple I'm in love and feeling full for a change :)

I just take off a small bit of the top part and then just slice them and eat...the Asian stores normally have them really cheap. We got 6 good size ones for £1.99.
You can also add them to salads, cereal in the morning or make some mango chutney :)
My favorite thing is Mango lassi (mango, milk, yogurt and sugar), but have not tried it the SW friendly way.

I've only ever had it pureed with ice cream,but I'm pretty sure I can't do that on sw....I must try it by itself. Thanks

We've got a mango tree in the garden :p Strangely enough though, I rarely eat mangoes and only from the shops, I tend to forget about the tree :8855:

You can make a mango and chilli salsa.
Diced mango, chilli according to your taste, finely chopped red onion and coriander. Mix, chill and serve :-D
Enjoy your mangoes!

I love mango but they're so annoying to chop up - same with pineapple!

I have 3 mango trees in my garden all different varieties.
They are full of carbohydrates so go easy on them.
Good to eat blended into ff yogurt.
To eat them slice next to the seed down one side then cut across and then push the outside up and hey presto cubes of mango to eat from the skin. Hope that makes sense??

Mango hedgehog! My mum used to do this for me when I was a child. I still consider myself a child (I'm 19) so maybe she'll still do it for me...

Back