March/April SW Mag!!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi troops,
Has anyone made anything from the new SW mag yet? I've decided to work my way through it and make every single recipe in there! (Not all tonight though I'll have you know! LOL!) I had the 'Chilli Skins' for lunch today with salad and now there's a pot of the veg curry on the go!X

I get mine free as I won a competition at group last year to get them free for a year, so have to wait for them to come into the group :(
Are there really good recipes? Also are there some tailored to Red/Green as I noticed in the last one there were more for Extra Easy?

The sunshine veg was lovely and i'm doing the strogonoff tonight.

Looking forward to trying the aubergine parmagina on Friday mmmm :D

Unfortunately Meli they do seem to be pretty EE orientated, but there are some green ones- veggie curry, aubergine parmagina (mozzarella aubergine bake thingy- looks delish) a Quorn scandinavian-style 'meatballs' with tagliatelle, korma style vegetable dahl and quite a lot of pasta dishes. For Red there's a chicken cacciatore, zesty monkfish spedini (skewer thing- yum), peking duck rolls, cheesy herb souffles (free on all days), salmon & veg parcels, spanish chicken and beef stroganoff, then all the desserts! So not too bad, although I can understand how infuriated people are getting when SW are pushing and prioritising EE when longstanding members are happy with Green/Red days- they should definitely treat them all with the same importance!X

Nooooooooooo! I have to wait until tomorrow for mine! Is it really sad that getting my new mag could be the highlight of my weekend??? x

In that case I'm just as sad! I was told it wasn't coming out til 11th, and when I saw it in my class on Mon 1st I was besides myself with excitement! Needless to say I read it in bed that night from cover to cover and have already starting cooking my way through it!!X

i really like the look of the peking duck...we're on about doing just the duck bit and having it with stir fry veg as its the hoisin and the pancakes that cost the syns. As a big sweetie fan I'm definately making the meringue kisses. 3 syns a piece for little mouthfuls of heaven in my eyes!

Also liked the look of the quorn balls and tagliatelle, and the salmon on the snazzy meal with friends bit. The chicken pie looks delicious, definitely trying that one later in the week as we're having chicken some other way tonight!

So many lovely ideas this month!

But why do they say discard the potato in the chilli skins? Obviously we'll all use it!

In that case I'm just as sad! I was told it wasn't coming out til 11th, and when I saw it in my class on Mon 1st I was besides myself with excitement! Needless to say I read it in bed that night from cover to cover and have already starting cooking my way through it!!X

I'm sorry I told you that lol, it said that on my sw calender, I thought about you though when I saw it in my class, :D

Kirsty0 I stepped the meringue thing up a bit (I said this in another thread!) I got Activia FF cherry yog, crumbled half a meringue nest (1.25 syns- whole one is 2.5!!) squirted 12.5g Anchor light squirty cream on top(1 syn) (stood my bowl on digital scales and rezeroed b4 I did this) and dusted a little cocoa powder on top!! Lipsmackingly good for just 2.25- OK make that 2 syns!!!!XXX

I'm sorry I told you that lol, it said that on my sw calender, I thought about you though when I saw it in my class, :D

Don't be daft Soccermom, it just added to my excitement when I saw it- a lovely surprise!! It slightly made up for me only losing 1/2lb this week when I'd been so blinkin good!!!X

Judimac, I completely agree! What a waste- I'm having it on my nightshift tonight with the remainder of the chilli- free mash is not to be sniffed at!!X

Hey I'm sad too - I'm really looking forward to the new magazine :D

Back