Marmite?

CPL

Dukan Veteran
I love marmite, does anyone know if it it allowed? Ive made Dukan bread it would be lovely to have some on it Cx

I asked this when I started and its a no as its too salty

i was wondering the same, my niece was here this weekend and that is all she eats

Hey Collette! Right, don't want to be controversial but....yes Marmite is too salty and may cause water retention but...what do people think about having some and just ensuring you drink a ton of extra water to compensate? The thing with water retention is that it will look bad on the scales, which can be demoralising, but it's not actually fat and will go once you drink enough water.

I guess my point is that if you love Marmite and it would make you happy, it's not a diet breaker as such, but you would need to be aware that it could cause water retention which could affect the scales for a day or two. I personally would (and have) taken that risk and enjoyed it, drank extra water and not worried if there was a slight scales blip as a result. (Although actually, I don't think there was).

Does that help or hinder?!!? Jx

Joodle, you have read my mind! Water retention in and of itself is not weight gain - it is not fat that is deposited in your body. So actually, we might say that you see a false loss if you shed your body of extra water. And again, it really does not all come down to the scales! You ladies who are now fitting into clothes you couldn't wear before know this! While honestly there is a huge difference between 250lbs and 150lbs, I think there comes a time when it's more how you look than the number on the scales. So I agree, if you have a wee bit on some dukan bread, you should not think of it as any sort of sin :)

its the same as when i eat a lot of prepacked ham or turkey its not a no no as such just makes me look like a fatty! but on your pv day also have asparagus as i swear it works wonders! was recommended this and it really works!

Charly, I love asparagus but I'm one of those peeps who suffer the worst post-asparagus smelly wee syndrome (sorry, TMI)!! But I could eat it every day, especially in this one recipe with parma ham and gruyere cheese and buttery bread crumbs...but I digress :)
i could live wif smelly wee so long as i was thin lol xx

What would you do with Marmite on Dukan anyway? I only like it on really buttery toast!

What would you do with Marmite on Dukan anyway? I only like it on really buttery toast!
dukan bread! martinte on dukan bread toast wif egg on top hmmmmmm
mind u just as tasty without the marmite to be honest! x

I suppose it's the same with anything we eat, we take that chance and choose to eat it conscious that it may have an effect on us, not such a shock then :) x

hmmm i just ate a crabstick off the floor (i was indoors) as i dropped it! and to be honest it was a lil bit hairy! gross!!!! x

yh u know the trick ... blow and dust it off a bit then down the hatch! lol x

Oh grosss...........yep been there done that LOL.

good advice re water retention.

Back