• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Mash Potatoe

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
I just use a little skimmed milk, lots of salt & pepper and sometimes add a little mustard or a little horseradish to give it a bit of a kick!X

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
i noramlly spoon a tea spoon of very low fat natural yoghurt, usually greek 0% - however recently iv been adding a teaspoon of light butter in, for the syns diveded, its nothing and much better x

hmmmm I only have semi-skimmed milk in.. How many syns do you think i'll use if I just make it with 1/4pint s/s milk & can't believe it's not butter light? (1 tbsp) I only usually have like a heaped handful.

Already used my Milk He today Ruby. dam it lol!

Well i have only used 3 syns all day so I guess it's not gonna harm and I still have 10 carry over from y'day. So i'll just do it the normal way I do.. Might even treat myself to a yorkie.x

RubyMoss

Silver Member
Yeah, I don't think it'll be much.

Semi-Skimmed milk is 13 syns per 568ml, so 1/4 pint would be like 3.5 syns :)

4busybee

You can mash potato with an egg in it which makes it really creamy, they used to do this in restaurants years ago so my nan used to tell me, i have tried it and its yummy. You cook and drain the potatoes as you would then mash then you break in an egg (or 2 if you have large amount to mash) and mix it in, it sounds horrible i know but its dosent curdle or scramble or anything i promise just makes it really creamy. And i think it would be ok to have for children cos the egg cooks from the heat of the potatoes i would think??????

mod-karen79

rainbows holiday buddy :)
try butterbuds from lakeland - they're nice

Butter Buds Butter Buds, Natural Butter Flavour Granules, dried 2g packet[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
½ Syn on Extra Easy
Original ½ Syn
Green ½ Syn
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

evethewitch

Silver Member
i make sweet pot and pot mash i use oxo and its lovely:)

StripedDaisy

A sucker for a key change
try butterbuds from lakeland - they're nice

Butter Buds Butter Buds, Natural Butter Flavour Granules, dried 2g packet[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
½ Syn on Extra Easy
Original ½ Syn
Green ½ Syn
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Beat me to it lol. I was raising their profile only yesterday on here!!

To the OP though, they are very good. I had them in the cupboard for ages before I tried them, and was so impressed, I wish I hadn't waited for so long!

corrina

When o/h does my mash pot he uses the light laughing cow cheese from my healthy a and stirs it in the mash, its loooooooooooooovely, then adds some spring onion mmmmm im actually having it tonite xxx

malaika

Lover of Extra Easy
I used to use quart and it was lovely but I ran out so tried 2 eggs, salt and pepper and nothing else. The mash was lovely and creamy. Thanks to 4busybee for that!

Hayleyj123

Wannabe Loser
Is the mash ok to eat with the egg? Do I put it in straight away because I don't fancy raw egg on my dinner :p