Mash Potatoe

Hi All,
I read somewhere about how to make Mash potatoe the slimming world way :confused: All I seem to remember is adding fromage Frais.. Can anyone help? Also is it actually nice? I dn't want to ruin the kids dinner :)

thank

I just use a little skimmed milk, lots of salt & pepper and sometimes add a little mustard or a little horseradish to give it a bit of a kick!X

i noramlly spoon a tea spoon of very low fat natural yoghurt, usually greek 0% - however recently iv been adding a teaspoon of light butter in, for the syns diveded, its nothing and much better x

hmmmm I only have semi-skimmed milk in.. How many syns do you think i'll use if I just make it with 1/4pint s/s milk & can't believe it's not butter light? (1 tbsp) I only usually have like a heaped handful.

Already used my Milk He today Ruby. dam it lol!

Well i have only used 3 syns all day so I guess it's not gonna harm and I still have 10 carry over from y'day. So i'll just do it the normal way I do.. Might even treat myself to a yorkie.x

Yeah, I don't think it'll be much.

Semi-Skimmed milk is 13 syns per 568ml, so 1/4 pint would be like 3.5 syns :)

You can mash potato with an egg in it which makes it really creamy, they used to do this in restaurants years ago so my nan used to tell me, i have tried it and its yummy. You cook and drain the potatoes as you would then mash then you break in an egg (or 2 if you have large amount to mash) and mix it in, it sounds horrible i know but its dosent curdle or scramble or anything i promise just makes it really creamy. And i think it would be ok to have for children cos the egg cooks from the heat of the potatoes i would think??????

try butterbuds from lakeland - they're nice

Butter Buds Butter Buds, Natural Butter Flavour Granules, dried 2g packet[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
½ Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original ½ Syn
green.gif
Green ½ Syn
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

try butterbuds from lakeland - they're nice

Butter Buds Butter Buds, Natural Butter Flavour Granules, dried 2g packet[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
½ Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original ½ Syn
green.gif
Green ½ Syn
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Beat me to it lol. I was raising their profile only yesterday on here!!

To the OP though, they are very good. I had them in the cupboard for ages before I tried them, and was so impressed, I wish I hadn't waited for so long!

When o/h does my mash pot he uses the light laughing cow cheese from my healthy a and stirs it in the mash, its loooooooooooooovely, then adds some spring onion mmmmm im actually having it tonite xxx

I used to use quart and it was lovely but I ran out so tried 2 eggs, salt and pepper and nothing else. The mash was lovely and creamy. Thanks to 4busybee for that!

Is the mash ok to eat with the egg? Do I put it in straight away because I don't fancy raw egg on my dinner :p

Back