Mashed Potato

If i have milk left from hex i use that, if i don't i just mash it and eat it lol. Some people put laughing cow light in it x

I don't use anything. Sainsbury's own mash potato is free on green and EE and is really creamy made up with water. It was also tested in the mag and came first. It's also cheaper than smash!

We love it in this house and don't buy any other now.

I use stock. (vecon or chicken bovril from the jar are free) which gives it a bit of taste as well as makes it yummy and creamy.

You can also use laughing cow light (as a HEXA or 1.5 syns) or 0% fat nat yog or FF.

Oooooh.... I fancy mash now! lol... can I have chilli and mash do you think???

I use butter buds from Lakeland Plastic. Great for getting that buttery taste without the syns. Only half a syn per sachet.

Thanks for all the replies. I cant remember the last time I had smash but I must get some in..
Circles - I have never even heard of butter buds but I am definately going to have a look for my nearest lakeland plastic and get some to try.
Emz- I would never have thought about using any type of stock but what a great tasty idea.
I really love how everyone has come up with such great ideas to still keep their meals as tasty without using syns.

In the end I made mash and used quark. It is the first time I have even bought quark, but it made the mash lovely and rich and creamy, but I will still try all of your other wonderful suggestions until I find my favourite idea.

Cheers
Lori

oh god no! Don't have smash! ha!

I either use milk from my HE A

But I did consider today using some very low fat natural yoghurt.
I had enough syns for butter today though, but next time might try that!

An egg and low fat from frais, if my young kids are having it with me though, I put it back on the heat to cook the egg in, then add the from frais after.

When I want mash, I pop a garlic clove in with the pots to cook and then mash with either the hex cheese triangles, or use extra lite mayo!

Back