Maternity Pay help please

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by big bear, 18 March 2010 Social URL.

1. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Ok my baby is due on the 26th Sept. I work part time (30 hrs) a week but it's a temp job through Hays agency.

I've been here since 8th December.

Am I just entitled the the standard government maternity benefit or would the agency as my employer have to pay it??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

4. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

Looks like you will be entitled to be paid via the agency - best to contact their HR department to ensure this tho - :D xxx

5. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks hun, will have a read of that. I haven't told work yet as didn't want them to end my contract & it may go permanent in June although I'd probably be best to tell them but not yet I suppose.

How are you doing?

I've got the same cravings as I had whilst pregnant with my little boy - Chips, curry sauce with lots of vinegar & salt or salt & vinegar crisps.

I'm already showing, this baby is going to be huge the last was 10lb 4oz :eek:

6. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

eek - not such a baby bear!!! :D

Im fine thanks - and as far as telling the agent, if they discriminate against you for expecting you can make a claim for unfair treatment. Pregnant women are protected with all manner of employment law rights, so dont be scared! I think until you get further along best to keep schtum tho! :D

Sending bump love xxx (from my FAT tummy to your bubba bump!) x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.