Total Solution May 2012 Wedding

finnsmum

Christmas day and the associated excesses are over. I start exante tomorrow.

I'm nervous but determined.

After 8 years and 2 children we've finally decided to take the plunge and are getting married on the 12th May.

I'm currently at my heaviest (over 17 stone) :cry:and feel horrible - sore joints, bloating, etc.

I'm 32 and feel like an old woman. I don't want this anymore. Tomorrow I'm going to be more positive!! :D

Hi Finnsmum, Hope you enjoyed your Xmas and well done in being determined to get to grips with the losing weight bit now... :D
I got up to 16st 2lb and I know how awful I felt at the time so it's bound to make you feel soo much better when those pounds come off and with the wedding to look forward too as well should make all the difference for your motivation.

Keep posting and all the very best to you...:)

Hi Finnsmum. Hope you had a fab Christmas. Good luck with your start tomorrow. The first 3 days are hard but persevere and drink loads of water and you will be shrinking in no time.
I was 16st 7 when I first did the Cambridge diet in 2008 lost 4 stone from June to Oct but I got gallstones and was quite ill. I had them out but all my bad habits returned.
I started Exante in Sept and slowly I have lost nearly 2 stone but if I stuck to TS 100% as well as I have done in the last month it might have been 3 ;)
We will be with you all the way to the altar hun, roll on 2012 xx

Thanks for your replies. Judging by your signatures you've both done amazingly.

I had my first shake at 8 - banana. It was okay although a bit of a struggle toward the end. Think I'll put some water in the fridge as I think the shakes will be more palatable ice cold.

It's now coming up to 11 and to be honest I'm starving and have a headache already. Going to have half a bar at 12 and then another half at 2.
I just need to get through this week and then I think I'll get swept along with the New Year diet madness!

Plenty of water helps with the headaches. Min 2-3L a day. I have my shakes ice cold xx

Day 1 is almost over.

Cereal bar at 2pm was quite dry and I didn't feel particularly satisfied after it, although, it didn't particularly help that I was doing the catering at our family party. Home made pizzas, lasagne, cheese board and lots of yummy cakes. I stuck it out but didn't get home until 8pm when I was starving!

The tomato and basil soup wasn't too bad at all. I was pleasantly surprised and quite hopeful for the other flavours.

I'm having an early night as I am feeling pretty shattered.

How long does it take to get into ketosis? Will it mean that the hunger subsides? Will I get used to the exante meal replacements?

Cheers!

Day 2 has begun with a hot chocolate and peppermint tea.

I read 1 or 2 blogs last night and am really inspired. I know that these first 5 days are going to be really tough. I'm still surrounded by Christmas goodies so willpower is required in spades.

I would be so happy to be in a size 14 for the wedding. As I'm not going traditional I plan to leave the dress until April.

Trying the orange bar and mushroom soup today.

Good morning Finn well done on resisting all those goodies yesterday, couldn't have been easy. You are amazing starting now and I know you will stick it out to your end goal. I know I keep going on about it but drink loads of water. The more you drink the more you shrink ;)
You will be in ketosis in the next 2 days so the hunger should get better. Have a great day hun xx

Day 2 done. There were definite moments when I almost caved in. Have had a headache since yesterday which only subsided this evening.
Thai chicken soup was fab, choc orange bar better than raisin but neither are that nice.

I'm hoping that tomorrow I won't feel as hungry and unwell but we'll see!

Day 3 and compared to yesterday I feel amazing. Little or no hunger pangs or headaches. I took kids to softplay and even did some climbing and played football. I guess I'm in ketosis.

Strawberry shake this morning (lovely) and choc orange bar today (slightly tastier than yesterday). I think I may have sneak peek at scales tomorrow morning.

Don't get me wrong I could have easily polished off the kids leftovers. The difference is I didn't and have been 100% for the last 3 days. I'm quite surprised with myself and the meal sachets - better than I thought but then again I've only ever tried slimfast which were foul.

Wayhayy well done, it's a great feeling when you are in K and have more energy. I can't wait to see your first week loss too :)

Day 3 is over. I feel more positive today and am looking forward to completing my first week.

The veg soup was a bit rubbish. Didn't really taste of anything. I'll add plenty of pepper next time. I've drunk plenty of water today and haven't had any headaches. Relief!

On my own with kids tomorrow, if they play up the stress sometimes drives me to the biscuit tin so it'll be interesting how I cope. The youngest is teething and if she's up during the night I'll be tired which'll make things worse. The ultimate test.... :)

Hi finnsmum, you seem to have got the hang of things. You're doing really well and the first few days are the hardest. I'll be back to TS in the new year and hope to be a size 12 by september for my wedding (if it happens...finance issues) but still aiming! Keep going and we'll keep each other motivated x x

I weighed this morning and after 3 days I've lost 7.5lbs. I know that it's mostly water but it still made me smile :)

There have been moments of struggle today, particularly when preparing food for the family. In the afternoon we took the kids to a restaurant in Cardiff and I ate my cereal bar while everyone else had a meal. Normally I would also polish off whatever the kids leave. I've been quite hungry between meals and I'm worried that I won't be able to keep this up if this is the norm.

Shelley - I know exactly what you mean with wedding and finances. We've put it off repeatedly and after a frank conversation we've picked out what's really important to us. Having kids has completely changed my perspective on life, which means we're only inviting 20 out of a potential 100. Our budget is £1500 which we're well within. There's no car, flowers or evening buffet. My dress is budgeted to £150, we're going for a lovely meal afterwards and we'll meet friends for a drink in the evening. I'll hire a photographer for the hour that we're at the registry office and just get a CD of the photos to print at our will.

Laura x

Welcome fellow bride to be... I get married 31st march after 10yrs and 2 kiddie winkles also.... Ive restarted today and am feeling positive! Do you have a target weight or dress size? We can spur each other on! Xx

Congrats on your start hon you're doing great! I used some cheap apetite suppressants from Tesco the first 2 days to avoid the hunger pangs and haven't needed them since. May come in handy if you feel the need for any x

Good luck for you weightloss goals x

finnsmum said:
Shelley - I know exactly what you mean with wedding and finances. We've put it off repeatedly and after a frank conversation we've picked out what's really important to us. Having kids has completely changed my perspective on life, which means we're only inviting 20 out of a potential 100. Our budget is £1500 which we're well within. There's no car, flowers or evening buffet. My dress is budgeted to £150, we're going for a lovely meal afterwards and we'll meet friends for a drink in the evening. I'll hire a photographer for the hour that we're at the registry office and just get a CD of the photos to print at our will.

Laura x

Thats a great loss for 3 days, well done. OH and I have been together for nearly 12 years, no kids yet, but have been engaged for years! We booked for this september but postponed as he got laid off. Still not found anything. We have booked a destination wedding abroad and it was half paid for but lost some when we moved it. With a run of bad luck since not paid any off it. Hopefully 2012 will be better! If not i'll at least be slimmer x

Day 5 and I'm really hungry.

Had my chocolate shake at 9.30. Plan to have my bar at 3 and soup at 7. I have a tendency to snack in the evening so I figured the later I eat the less likely I'm going to cave into temptation.

I am so hungry today and woke with a headache which dragged on until about 11. I hope this feeling subsides. Judging by other posters the hunger pangs should disappear after the first week. Please!

I bought some coke zero yesterday and a bottle of sparkling water. It's nice to have something other than plain old dwr.

Hope everyone else is doing okay today.

Laura x

Well done on doing so well. Today is day one for me and I really hope I have your will power, Im sure I will be ok for a while but I tend to talk myself into things. Im also in the dreaded 17 stone bracket SIGH x

Hey Lisa

Good luck. I felt rotten for a couple of days but then it's just cravings and a bit of hunger to deal with, and then you'll be in the 16's, 15's, 14's,....10's.
It just feel amazing imagining it :)
I suppose that's what we need to focus on to keep us going.

Back