Maybe a stupid question, but....

lol i think it gets burned for energy, or we pee it out! i have no idea, i am just glad to see the back of it!

I always joke that I'm now living on all the roast dinners, curry and pizza that I ate when I didn't need it, and now I do - that's where the fat goes, to my mind!

Ok, after thinking about it I googled 'what happens to fat when you lose weight' and came up with this website:http://www.articlesbase.com/weight-loss-articles/what-happens-to-fat-cells-when-theyre-burned-277194.html

and a quick clip in brief:
When you "lose" body fat, the fat cell (also called an adipocyte) does not go anywhere or "move into the muscle cell to be burned. The fat cell itself, (unfortunately) stays right where it was - under the skin in your thighs, stomach, hips, arms, etc., and on top of the muscles - which is why you can't see muscle "definition" when your body fat is high.

Fat is stored inside the fat cell in the form of triaglycerol. The fat is not burned right there in the fat cell, it must be liberated from the fat cell through somewhat complex hormonal/enzymatic pathways. When stimulated to do so, the fat cell simply releases its contents (triaglycerol) into the bloodstream as free fatty acids (FFA's), and they are transported through the blood to the tissues where the energy is needed.

Now I know.

Wow......great information...I hadn't really thought about it!

hmmmm interesting - so it going in our blood stream and somehow releases energy

Still dont get how my 8 stones will do that! My blood must be very fatty. lol

OOh need to start a new thread. Remembered something!!!

Mmmm this doesnt answer why im always flipping so tired on this diet, should be full of energy according to this lol xxx

But the ketones are peed out!!!

so just to clarify futher, once it is released into the bloodstream, the blood is then circulated through your liver (which cleans the blood) and passes the impurities out through the kidneys and then you pee out the bit that was not turned into energy!

i think the only way to get rid of fat cells are to have liposuction...but then the fat that cant go to those fat cells will just go to other parts of the body...so you might have a well defined stomach, but you'll end up with bigger thighs if you dont eat well.....
So i'm sticking with my fat cells....but just less of them!
I think thats right anyway.....?
xxx

Back