Mayo substitute ideas??

McGlynn62

Hey everyone...im a bit of a mayo addict and however sad it sounds, im really missing it!! Any ideas what i could have instead...with sw chips etc?? X

I'd LOVE to know this! I've got rid of mayo completely because I can't trust myself to have a little bit and syn it!

I use Total 0% yoghurt as a base for sauces and dips and have replaced mayo with it. It's does NOT taste the same as mayo lol but I like it as an alternative.
For seafood sauce- mix Total and tomato puree, salt and pepper to taste
For blue cheese sauce- warm a couple of blue cheese laughing light triangles in a bowl in the microwave for 30-40 seconds. Mix in Total Youghurt ( 100 grams is). Salt and peper. Dip in whatever takes your fancy.
Garlic Dip- !00 g Total Yoghurt, good teaspoon garlic puree, black pepper.

You can do these recipes with Quark instead of the yoghurt too
xx

You can make a delicious minty indian style sauce with ff yoghurt and no added sugar mint sauce with a little sweetener. I discovered this yesterday and it tastes delicious, great with raw veggies or over salad and with curries. I would say persevere with light mayonnaise you might find you get used to it, it's not so bad after a while!

Im such a mayo addict too. Full fat is sooo much better than light but i am used to it now. For curry i use total 0% and mint sauce makes a lush mint yogurt and its free! I also love reduced fat creme fraiche only 1syn per tbsp co-op does the nicest one quite creamy. Xx

That's my problem also attacked tin of HERO chocs 2night
HELP

This sounds horrible but I think it tastes fine!

I simply mix up a couple of spoonfuls of fat free fromage frais with a few drops of dark soy sauce. It doesn't taste much like mayo (what ever does apart from the real thing!) but it gives me that creamy texture I need when eating chips, curry, chilli, chicken or anything else for that matter.

If I could then i would eat full fat mayo with everything!

This sounds horrible but I think it tastes fine!

I simply mix up a couple of spoonfuls of fat free fromage frais with a few drops of dark soy sauce. It doesn't taste much like mayo (what ever does apart from the real thing!) but it gives me that creamy texture I need when eating chips, curry, chilli, chicken or anything else for that matter.

If I could then i would eat full fat mayo with everything!

I'll try that - give anything a go me! haha

Fat free natural yogurt is nice as a sauce or a dip if you add some worcester sauce into it and mix it up. Was on jamie oliver 15 minute meals, its to go with homemade burgers but its nice with anything x

You can make a delicious minty indian style sauce with ff yoghurt and no added sugar mint sauce with a little sweetener. I discovered this yesterday and it tastes delicious, great with raw veggies or over salad and with curries. I would say persevere with light mayonnaise you might find you get used to it, it's not so bad after a while!

where do you buy your mint sauce?? sounds lovely :)

thanks everyone for all your ideas!!! x

I get the Colman's Garden Mint Concentrate - has to be this one and not the actual Colman's Mint Sauce, as the concentrate is sugar free. :)

Free mayonnaise

Mix 6 tbsp of very low fat fromage frais with 3 tbsp white wine vinegar and 2 tsp granulated artificial sweetener. Blend 1 tsp mustard powder with 1 tsp water and stir into the dressing. Season and hey presto! Seal in an air-tight container, refrigerate and use within 5 days.

Free mayonnaise

Mix 6 tbsp of very low fat fromage frais with 3 tbsp white wine vinegar and 2 tsp granulated artificial sweetener. Blend 1 tsp mustard powder with 1 tsp water and stir into the dressing. Season and hey presto! Seal in an air-tight container, refrigerate and use within 5 days.

Sounds excellent-will try. Thanks xx

I use extra light Mayo but always add to it chilli powder and lime in Mayo Is fab
Or mix mayo with a little curry powder or mexican spices or mustard

Back