McDonald's

I love McDonalds, I'm going to have a very carefully calculated flexible syns attempt to squeeze one in.
(Something more substantial than a Happy Meal!)

I know it's ridiculous the food I used to eat - at Burgerking it was always and extra large bacon double cheeseburger with supersized fries and on occasion an extra double cheeseburger on the side. I would also not curb my eating for the rest of the day. No wonder my weight soared over 20 stones!!!

Glad I finally found sense and SW!

My favourite is a quarter pounder with cheese. I have no idea how many syns but I usually force myself to have a boring salad. I find it very annoying though when they tell me they've 'run out' of salads because they only have a few out of the summer months. How ridiculous! Salad should be available all year round! What about all those people who want to eat healthily?
If I have to eat out at fast food places, I usually opt for a salad in Subway, they are so much nicer.

A school trip where the ONLY option is McDonalds??? Whatever happened to encouraging children to eat healthily?

The children were provided with a healthy breakfast and lunch and the McDonald's was a treat at the end of a 12 hour day in central London ... something the children I teach don't often get.

The children were provided with a healthy breakfast and lunch and the McDonald's was a treat at the end of a 12 hour day in central London ... something the children I teach don't often get.

Ah. That wasn't what I understood from your original post. I stand corrected, and apologise for the misunderstanding.

Personally I feel one of the reasons I am an overweight adult is the belief in 'rewarding' or 'treating' children with junk food. I hope that when I have children (and this may be wishful thinking) that 'treats' will be in the form of fun activities and not rewarding with food. It seems like when we're happy we eat junk and when we're sad we eat junk and personally I feel like I need to stop this cycle to gain control of my life.

Personally I feel one of the reasons I am an overweight adult is the belief in 'rewarding' or 'treating' children with junk food. I hope that when I have children (and this may be wishful thinking) that 'treats' will be in the form of fun activities and not rewarding with food. It seems like when we're happy we eat junk and when we're sad we eat junk and personally I feel like I need to stop this cycle to gain control of my life.

I've never thought like this before...and I think it's true! Why should treats be based around food! Bad habits

Back