meal ideas with no syns ?

crazycosmic

i have used all my syns up this weekend and need some meal ideas with 0 syns as wi is not till thursday can anyone help please

Do you have the new SW magazine? Or any of the cook books? There are some marvellous syn free recipes out there!! There's a moussaka made with Quorn I just printed off the SW website this morning. It's just 2 large aubergines, onioin, garlic, Quorn mince, 2 tins of chopped tomatoes, cinnamon and chilli powder. Then to make the sauce you mix either quark or fat free natural yogurt with 2 large eggs, pour over the top of the mixture (over the aubergine slices which you lay on top of the quorn mixture) and grate cheese (168g reduced cheddar, or 112g full fat cheddar). I'm going to make this tomorrow, but may use lamb mince which I need to take out the freezer. It's not extra lean so I'll have to drain the fat off when I cook it.X

theres loads hun
jacket cheese and beans
omlettes
stirfry
home made burgers and chips
egg and chips
bacon egg beans and mushrooms

its gonna be very hard hun doing a week without syns maybe you could try just drawing a line under the weekend and starting a fresh today or aiming for 5 syns a day but don't beat yourself up if you go over

Bologanise - Minced beef, onion, mushrooms, fry until soft, add 2 oxo cubes, garlic granules, mustard powder, herbs and a can of chopped tomatoes. I usually add peppers, courgette and also aubergine to bulk it up a bit. You could add this to pasta on an EE day, or on a Red day I love it poured over syn free veg.

Hi there,

How about something easy like slimming world chips with salad and a chicken breast or something?

If you on Extra easy you could do a chicken risotto- I made a gorgeous one the other day chicken and asparagus- just fry some onions and garlic with fry light- risotto rice in and coat- then put in about 2 pints of chicken stock slowely bit by bit keep stirring until all absorbed- loads of seasoning. Then added the asparagus- you could use cheese as a healthy extra A to stir through- really yummy and filling. Risotto is great as you can add pretty much anything in!

Or a stir fry- lots of nice veg with some garlic and soy sauce?

For my tea I am having a nice ham salad with some boiled egg and new potatoes- thats syn free.

Omlettes are great too- good to use stuff up out the fridge- some veggies and chopped meat, few eggs let it cook- tasty and filling- Sometimes if we are having as a main meal we have with some slimming world chips.

Oh theres loads you can do :)

Hope this gives you some idea's!

Claire x

Quite a lot of the meals I make are syn free.

You could do a lentil dal - red lentils, veg stock, turmeric, chilli cinnamon, onions fried in fry light.

Pasta dishes are very easy to do syn free, or fry up some veg and quorn and add to batchelors free savoury rice. You could make a big batch of syn free chilli and have with SW chips, rice or as a jacket potato topping. Mushy pea curry is free too!

The SW website has a lot of recipes, or check out the recipe section here, anything that is synned can usually be easily substituted.

Im a HUGE fan of omelettes at the moments as they are very filling and you can use loads of different fillings.

x

Quite a lot of the meals I make are syn free.

You could do a lentil dal - red lentils, veg stock, turmeric, chilli cinnamon, onions fried in fry light.

Pasta dishes are very easy to do syn free, or fry up some veg and quorn and add to batchelors free savoury rice. You could make a big batch of syn free chilli and have with SW chips, rice or as a jacket potato topping. Mushy pea curry is free too!

The SW website has a lot of recipes, or check out the recipe section here, anything that is synned can usually be easily substituted.

Mmmm that lentil dahl sounds delicious!! I'm going to try that!!X

Lots of ideas if you include you health extras into them. From steak/chops/chicken, fat removed and grilled with new or jacket potatoes and veg to curry, lasagne or fish stew.

If you want any recipes just yell.

Good luck

xxx

I have just had fish steamed with leeks in the microwave. Free!

And tonight I am having chicken thighs (skinless and boneless, carefully trimmed of fat) cooked in the slow cooker with butternut squash and finely chopped ginger. Free!

Mmmm that lentil dahl sounds delicious!! I'm going to try that!!X

Here is the precise recipe for you :) :

250g red lentils
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp chilli powder
2.5cm piece of cinnamon stick (or just sprinkle some in)
750ml vegetable stock

1 onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
Chopped coriander
salt

1. Put the lentils, turmeric and veg stock in a pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the stock is absorbed and the mixture is creamy.
2. Meanwhile, heat some fry light in a pan, add the onion garlic and cumin seeds and fry until they begin to brown. Add to the mixture, stir in coriander and serve!

Really really easy recipe. If you fancy a dal that takes a little more time, try this recipe:

Split Pea-Spinach Dal with Cauliflower Recipe - MyRecipes.com

I did it this week and it's really good. Only takes a good 45 minutes or so if you soak the lentils overnight. I used peas instead of cauliflower and spinach and only 1 tbsp of vegetable oil for the whole thing. I reckon you could get away with fry light though!

Def try the tuna pasta bake in this month's mag - so easy, free and delicious! x

Im on a green day and having potato cakes with grilled mushrooms and baked beans , that's all syn free , also using a HEXB in the form of 57gm bacon !!

Im on a green day and having potato cakes with grilled mushrooms and baked beans , that's all syn free , also using a HEXB in the form of 57gm bacon !!

Janie - I love potato cakes, please can you give me a quick blast of your recipe?

i think this site is great

i have found loads of lush recipes on this site and everybody is so freindly thanks for all your help now and yrs to come x

Back