Meal sharing.

jaylou said:
Liz - I freeze meat and then freeze it again once cooked - always have done. Yesterday I took mince out of the freezer, cooked bolognaise and then froze a portion. I've always done it and I'm still here!!

Back on thread, what a great idea in group. Brilliant!

Yes you are right. As long as it is cooked it can be re-frozen. Only once though. :)

I've always used that rule of thumb - freeze once raw, freeze once cooked.

So you can buy mince on offer and freeze it, then make a chilli, then freeze the leftovers, then reheat and be fine. Obvious caveats about making sure it's piping hot all the way through!

This sounds like a brilliant idea - I'm forever making meals to serve four or six but I do it so I can have a homemade ready meal in the freezer for lazy nights! In the 30 mins it would take to walk to the takeaway, order a curry, wait for it to be ready and walk home - I can microwave a homemade dal, homemade bombay potato and make HEXB chappatis out of wholemeal flour and feel like I've indulged without the syns!

I've always used that rule of thumb - freeze once raw, freeze once cooked.

So you can buy mince on offer and freeze it, then make a chilli, then freeze the leftovers, then reheat and be fine. Obvious caveats about making sure it's piping hot all the way through!

This sounds like a brilliant idea - I'm forever making meals to serve four or six but I do it so I can have a homemade ready meal in the freezer for lazy nights! In the 30 mins it would take to walk to the takeaway, order a curry, wait for it to be ready and walk home - I can microwave a homemade dal, homemade bombay potato and make HEXB chappatis out of wholemeal flour and feel like I've indulged without the syns!

Sorry to hijack and go off topic but ive never made chappatis - are they easy to make and what recipe do you use?

This is a brilliant idea. My friend and I make breakfasts and lunches for each other during the week which eliminates a lot of faffing. Never thought about doing it for dinner. But I guess if I made a big enough lasagne/ chilli I could take some in for her tea the next day...

That's such a great idea! If it wasn't for my food allergies I would totally take part in something like that. It's like continual taster evenings

Huh I don't want to share!!! My OH just came home for lunch and ate my lovely portion of mushroom risotto that I'd been keeping for myself for dinner tonight :( grrrr they're having club sandwiches and I'm going to have to cook up something else for me and thought I could have an easy night of it with minimal time in the kitchen.

Our meal sharing at class has resurrected itself.

It's so busy in Cornwall at the moment and my friend Beccy and I are struggling to get organised, so are going to do a swap over the weekend. She's doing fishcakes and I am doing meatballs - so that's one meal I wont have to worry about on a day when potentially I would be heading straight to the chippy x

My boyfriend won't have any of my slimming world meals, really wish he would try them but he's so fussy. All he will have is the homemade chips!!

Beckyftwx said:
My boyfriend won't have any of my slimming world meals, really wish he would try them but he's so fussy. All he will have is the homemade chips!!

I think your boyfriend is just being silly, it's not as if it's a SW ingredient that's put in its just healthy food that still tastes fab, my spag bol is much nicer than a jar of dolmio or ragu, my curry is much nicer than a jar of sauce infact all my meals are much nicer than jarred/tinned food and I'd be insulted if my husband thought processed/tinned food was nicer than my home cooked meals! The way it is in my house is if you don't like it..........starve!!

I think your boyfriend is just being silly, it's not as if it's a SW ingredient that's put in its just healthy food that still tastes fab, my spag bol is much nicer than a jar of dolmio or ragu, my curry is much nicer than a jar of sauce infact all my meals are much nicer than jarred/tinned food and I'd be insulted if my husband thought processed/tinned food was nicer than my home cooked meals! The way it is in my house is if you don't like it..........starve!!

My lot all eat different stuff but luckily enough they are all old enough to cater for themselves! Have to say though - my SW chips are fantastic x

stivesliz said:
My lot all eat different stuff but luckily enough they are all old enough to cater for themselves! Have to say though - my SW chips are fantastic x

I love SW chips, my fave ones are the garlic pepper ones, I sprinkle the Schwartz garlic pepper over them, OMG they are delish :drool:

No its not just because its healthy, he is fussy with everything, he doesn't like fruit, only certain veg, doesnt like lasagne, spag bol, curry the list is endless.
I tried the first two years to get him to try new foods but he just won't..he has issues haha!
I hate cooking just for myself though when I'm round at his so always end up having what he likes which is chicken, sw chips, beans and weetabix and not much else haha

Beckyftwx said:
No its not just because its healthy, he is fussy with everything, he doesn't like fruit, only certain veg, doesnt like lasagne, spag bol, curry the list is endless.
I tried the first two years to get him to try new foods but he just won't..he has issues haha!
I hate cooking just for myself though when I'm round at his so always end up having what he likes which is chicken, sw chips, beans and weetabix and not much else haha

Thankfully my husband eats anything I put in front of him and most of the time my children will eat what I've cooked, there's the odd meal they aren't keen on cos there's too many vegetables in it so I'll just throw on a pot of stew or something for them with lots of hidden veg in it so they haven't a clue!

Back