Medical Conditions

Wobbley Woo

Life Is A Constant Diet.
Sorry if this has been asked already, but what medical conditions would stop you doing SS and SS+ ? I have several medical ailments and am worried she will say no to me when I see her :confused:

I'm not sure off the top of my head but I think there's a list on the Cambridge website somewhere. Hope you find it! X

Here you go, just in case you didn't find it;

A Contraindicated - You cannot use ANY programme

Medical Conditions:

The Cambridge Weight Plan should not be used in any weight loss programme by the

following people:
  • Pregnant or breast-feeding women
  • Children under 14 years of age
  • People who have had a heart attack, stroke, an operation or serious accident within the last three months.
  • Anyone with a serious heart condition
  • Anyone with Porphyria
  • Anyone with severe kidney or liver disease
  • Anyone with severe depression
  • Anyone with anorexia or bulimia nervosa
Medications:

Anti-Obesity Drugs (prescribed or available over the counter).
It is unnecessary for these drugs to be taken when a Cambridge weight-loss programme is being followed. If you remain on these drugs, then the Cambridge Weight Plan must not be used.

B. Not Low Calorie - You can only use programmes above1200kcals per day

Anyone taking any of the following medications should not follow the Cambridge Weight Plan Sole Source®, Sole Source Plus®, 810kcal or 1000kcal programme.
  • Anti-coagulants
  • Anti-arrhythmia drugs
  • Anti-convulsants
  • Lithium
Anti-coagulants

Anti-coagulants, anti-thrombotics and fibrolytics all reduce the clotting time of blood. They are frequently prescribed following open heart surgery, heart attacks, deep vein thrombosis and arterial thrombosis.
Anti-arrhythmia e.g. Digoxin

These medications are used to correct irregularities in the heart rate associated with heart failure. The blood levels of these medications are normally difficult to balance. A reduced calorie intake could increase this instability by allowing more rapid absorption.
Anti-convulsants

Anti-convulsant drugs are used to treat epilepsy and seizures.
Lithium

Lithium is used to treat severe psychiatric disorders. A reduced calorie intake will increase the absorption rate of this drug and this may alter the blood levels of Lithium.
As a constant level is essential for successful treatment and to prevent toxic effects occurring, it should not be used with the Cambridge Weight Plan.

Thank you, I couldn't find it so thats very helpful :)

If you have any medical condition, are taking any medication or your BMI is over 40 your Consultant will need your Medical Record Forum to be signed by your GP to confirm all the information on it is correct.

Thanks, I am beginning to think this is a non starter, I've been emailing and ringing the consultant all week and no reply.

She can't be away she has only just come back :confused:

Hiya,

I have enquired about medical conditions as I have PCOS, an Underactive Thyroid and Wheat allergy. I`m currently taking Xenical but am not really being successful on it despite sticking to healthy eating and exercise :(

The CDC I contacted has said that I will be fine to do SS+ (I don`t want to do SS) as long as I have a signed consent form from my Dr.

HTH

LiSe Xx

Back