Medical type question

Taz

Spam Hunter
I just got a phone call from the doctor and she is prescribing me a steroid cream for my head. I know that taking steroids orally can make you put weight on but would the cream make me put weight on?

Whats wrong with your head hun :(? Sorry I can't help you there... hopefully someone will be about soon to answer!

I've had a spot of Alopecia for about 8 years and my hairdresser told me to see the doc to see if I can get some treatment for it. What I wanted is not yet licenced for prescription so she said she will give me a prescription for a steroid cream instead. If it works then that's great but I know don't want it effecting the diet!

It doesn't hun. I'm covered head to toe in topical steroid at this very moment - i tend to be covered twice a week and use it locally every day. Never had issues with it, i'm fat cos i've eaten too much! teehee! Hope your problem clears up soon xxx

Ha ha thanks Leah, that's good to know! When I heard 'steroid' I just panicked a little cus someone at class put on loads through taking them orally. Thanks, you have really put my mind at rest!

Its ok hun. I get eczema when i'm stressed y'see :) xx

Ah I see! My god-brother used to get it really badly, sometimes his joints were red raw and it was so painful for him

No it doesn't I have steroid lotion for my head (the lotion isn't supposed to make my hair greasy as cream does), cream for my legs and I have a lot of inhaled steroids too and they are all fine for weight loss.

Well my skin just falls off my scalp if I dont put the steroids on an then its just raw and lots of blood and of course then you can't put steroids on. My legs have eczema and the inhaled are for asthma which im quite glad to have as they thought it was a lot worse.

Wow that is a tough regime you have! I guess when I hear other peoples skin complaints mine seem really trivial. The Alopecia really got me down cus it was so noticeable (obvious in my photos) and I had my hair re-styled last week to cover it but I am still really very aware of it. Apart from that and occasional contact dermatitis that hasn't appeared for years I have no real skin issues.

my doctor once told me there are different types of steroids and not all are the kind that make you put on weight, and im sure the creams are the kind that dont

Back