MEETING OR ONLINE

Tanari

100% Focused
I'm switching to WW in about 2-3 weeks time from W8 and I was just wondering if anyone does it online or do more of you go to the weeking meetings?

I was thinking about doing it online cause my closest meeting is at night and I don't want to take my kids (3yrs & 7mths) out too late and there is so much support on here.

Hi,
There is many members on here that do this online but i wouldnt be able to do this i keep cheating,i go to the meeting which is best for me :)
Good luck :D

Hi Keisha, you can't get rid of me...

I think as you have managed to stick to W8 as an online users, the cheating wont be so much of a problem for you - might just struggle to eat it all.

I guess, that unless you were planning on staying to class, then you have shown that you are pretty disciplined so far. Not sure what the online membership gets you as I pay monthly for my meetings and get access to esource - not used it very much so far yet though - I use minimins far more put it that way - and any questions on points etc can be found on here.

LRO xx

LRO, I didn't know you can pay monthly. Is it cheaper than paying weekly or does it adds up to the same amount. Online is £10 monthly. Since I've found minimins, sticking to a diet is so much easier because of the support on here.

i would say do it online - as LRO said you've already shown you are disciplined so i dont think you would really need the class - class is £5.50 a week or monthly pass works out at around £4.20 a week i think.. whereas online is £10 a month. That, or you can get the At Home kit, which is a one off payment of £60 i think - if you pick up a WW magazine there's a big page on it near the back anyway :)

Thanks BW. I think I'll do it online. I'll sign up for the 3 months one, which costs £30. Wouldn't have to paid the sign up fee again since I've been on WW less than 6 months. I have all my books and points calculator from before so I just waiting to finish the W8 packs and then I'm rearing to go.

i do it at home hun without using either a meeting or a site... i just this site as my support .. i have all the stuff from when i done weightwatchers yearsssss ago ... been at it a week and half now and been doing well i tink its everyone to there own :)

Keisha, if you've got all the stuff - and you come on here, I don't see what the weight watchers site will give you.

I do the monthly class thing and have access to the internet site but to be honest, I have used it about twice - as I just come on here and post my losses, ask questions etc.

The one thing I would do though is create a food diary - either on here on on paper. I use the tracker I get at class because its too easy just to "forget" what you might have eaten!!!

LRO xx

I don't know why I just don't come on here. I have a journal tracker (old one) which I write down what I eat that I can use.

I guess I like doing online because I was doing it before. The tracker makes it so easy to plan in advance and it saves all the food you've entered before, so no working out the points over and over again. Guess I'm just too lazy to write it out.

I'm considering coming on here more and more. I'm getting so excited I just want to start now but have loads of mealpacks left. Hopefully 2 weeks will pass quickly. Thanks Starlight

Keisha, your mealpacks can still be used and at 2pts each they are a bit of a bargain really as they do fill you up a bit.

I am using mine to use up points thinking that at least they are fairly nutritious and not just junk - although do taste yummy (hot choc and thai crisps....)

See how you feel and maybe do a combo - like you would if you were on maintenance anyway.

LRO xx

I'm doing ww online. I'm not sure if I'll carry on with it after my 3 months are up as the esource is rubbish, they don't even have all the ww products on it & even the ones they do often have the wrong points listed. It's even worse with things that are not made by ww. You are much better off with a ww calculator.

Having said that I've added my own foods so I know everything is pointed right & I do use it to log my food & to log my exercise & it works out my activity points for me.

It doesn't always save everything correctly though so I have to double check. I am amazed that the esource is sooo poor, you would have thought that with the money it earns them ww would make sure it was up to date & worked correctly.

LRO I thought about doing it that way. Ideally I wanted to start next Monday because I'm going to break my W8 diet on Sunday which is my birthday. I've being following the W8 at about 98% for almost 12 weeks and I deserved this break and then start WW on Monday.

My OH is taking me out to dinner to Chiquitos and then a movie after (Have not been out with him since the birth of my younger daughter who is almost 8 months).

Last edited:
I'm doing ww online. I'm not sure if I'll carry on with it after my 3 months are up as the esource is rubbish, they don't even have all the ww products on it & even the ones they do often have the wrong points listed. It's even worse with things that are not made by ww. You are much better off with a ww calculator.

I did notice that the some points were coming up wrong when I was doing WW 4 months ago but I really didn't think anything of it until you pointed it out.

Whats the point of paying £10 a month if its not calculating the points 100%.

Have those already. But the shopping and eating out guides are from early last year, is the current one updated or does it matter?

I think theyre pretty up to date but I wouldnt buy a new one so late in the year, I expect the 2009 ones will be out pretty soon :) The shopping guide doesnt change much, the EO one tends to get bigger every year so always worth checking.

God how sad is it that I know that much detail about EVERY YEARS stuff... shows how long Ive been doing (or playing at doing) this

Back