Mentally missing food?

RuthG

Gold Member
I never thought I'd struggle with this, but I'm mentally missing food. Physically I'm fine, I don't feel hungry, but something in my head has flicked, and I'm craving foods. I know I won't gove in, I'm on my 6th day, so I'm not going to let the last 5 days go to waste by eating, but it is getting me down.

Am I the only one?

Keep going ruth. As clare said its all these evil voices im telling ya. dont let them get the better of you. I bet you will feel loads better once you have your first weigh in. Thats what really spurred me on. we can do this :)

i think alot of my problem with losing weight is mentally because i get into habits of eating the wrong foods at the wrong times im also an emotional eater, im only only day 1 so i cant offer you no advise on what i've been doing but just keep strong and with it and think bout how you want to look and feel,
gemma.xx

Hi ruth!

Hang in there. No you're not the only one! I went through exactly the same thing. I guess its all part of the journey. It will pass!

Let us know how you get on with your weight in, k.

Hmm yes the little devil on the shoulder trying to get you to eat, flick him off and say no, try to be strong and the results will be worth it!

I have a regular cheese monster visit me and have to swipe him away every few days.

When he turns up just drink some water instead.

Helenxx

Thanks all, I guess i feel better knowing I'm not the only one going through this.

It's not as if I'm craving 'naughty' foods either, I just want a nice bit of grilled chicken with a salad!

Hey ho, I CAN do this, I WILL do this!

Hey,

It's quite normal to crave food despite not being hungry. You've spent your whole life eating and suddenly you're not. It's just your body trying to adjust and like the others have already said, once you see your WI result it'll be much easier and the cravings will eventually subside ;)

x

I wanted to eat roast chicken after about week 2 I think. I was looking forward to my add a meal week and I ate chicken and cauliflower every night for 6 nights. By night 5 I could hardly get it down as I was gagging.

I'm on add a meal again and have had quorn and cottage cheese. I don't think I could face chicken ever again.

I feel exactly the same but its bread I'm craving soooo much!!

I'm on Day 5 (second time around) and finding it harder this time:sigh:

When the temptation comes along I have a drink of green tea or water and try and think of something else like what I'm going to look like in 6 months time or all the nice clothes I can buy!!:D

Keep going - you can do it!!

As Sassy100 says - when you get a food craving drink a lot. That works for me.

I'm finding the cravings are getting more frequent now that I'm only 1 stone from my target (had 4 to loose).

You just need to keep focused, the weekly weight ins and subsequent impresive weekly weight losses help.

I crave for cheese sandwhiches or pizza, I know that these would destroy ketosis, that's probably why I manage to 'fend' them off I suppose.

Keep Focused

Pies

OMG!! I nearly caved in this morning making my sons cheese sarni. I was that close it wasn't funny. Th bread was soft, fresh and fab and I know what the cheese tasted like....whoops. The butter was soft too and i COULD just have made another one and eaten it there and then. I'm in week 10 now and that is the closest one yet. I'm having to do AAM/810 this week to combat the naughty voices in my head that keep repeating. 'EAT ME!'

You are not alone... I am on day 5 and although I feel great today compared to a few days ago.. I am still missing food.

As promised by a lot of you miniminer the hunger has gone, but I am still trying to beat the habit of eating!

I have realised what a "picker" I am.. Everything I make for kids and hubby I automatically want to have a bit.. When I walk past my sons highchair, my hand automatically goes out and I cut the crusts off his sandwich today and automatically had one up at my mouth on my way to the bin with them!

That's what I like about this diet though... knowing that I just CAN'T have food... Normally when I'm calorie counting or whatever, I ALWAYS cheat and think well it won't make a huge difference if I eat half a sandwich etc...

So stick with it, I'm sure the habit will be broken soon... xxx

I'm starting my fourth week and I miss food too. But I'm fantasising about quite healthy stuff; I really want some chicken breast or some houmous, mmmm.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news,but I still miss food on week12

BUT the good news is that it gets easier to ignore the cravings.Although I only think it gets easier to keep the cravings at bay when you stick to the diet and get great weight losses.
So keep going keep positive and busy and enjoy the weight losses

Thanks Mary Poppins, I did wonder if it was the case. Hey ho, roll on the fab losses! (loses like yours would be fab!)

Back