meringue

Lady Mhoram

I just made some syn-free meringues with 90g sweetner and a beaten egg white. They are delish crumbled up and topped with fruit and muller light :)

Yay!:D

I love meringue and wondered if it would work with sweetener so thanks for the info :)

I tried making synfree ones a while back but found they went off quickly - how do you store yours? What is your recipe?

jill

I am storing them in the fridge wrapped in clingfilm and they seem OK so far, but I'll let you know.

Recipie is 2 egg whites whisked until light and airy, mixed with 90g sweetner and whisked well. Then put in oven at 130C for 1 hour. Turn oven off and leave merguines in there until totally cool (I leave them in overnight) so they go crispy all the way through.

They dont taste as good as real merguine, but I mix them into yogurt and fruit and can't tell the difference then.

mmm...i love meringues. Will def be having a go at this! Thanks.

What sweetner do you use? I buy either the Tesco Granulated one or Splenda etc BUT the jar I bought this time is only 75g so you must be using a heavier brand as surely I don't add a jar and then some just to 2 eggwhites?
Look forward to your answer as want to try this recipe again a.s.a.p

Jill

I had a pot from Sommerfield and it took most of that to reah 90g. I should thik 75g and two egg white would still work, or you could use 45g with one egg white - that will make 3 or 4 big merguine nests.

It does need a lot. I used the whole pot almost, and couldn't believe it. I know normal merguines use a lot of sugar, but I was still suprised!

Let me know how you get on. x

Back