Meringues?

Red Heart

Back on the Dukan wagon!
Hi,
I'd like to make some mini meringues with Splenda and egg whites but I have no idea on the quantities to use. Obviously I cannot substitute the weight in sugar to Splenda :eek: as Splenda is so much lighter so I will need less.
Please could anyone advise on their recipe and how long to bake for?
Many thanks xx

Meringue

Only 2 ingredients and safe for all stages of the Dukan Diet.

1 egg white
2 tablespoons of sweetener
a pinch of cream of tartar if you have it, this will help the egg whites increase there volume and hold the shape better, they still work ok without.

Preheat the oven to 120 degrees Celsius
Separate the white of 1 egg into a bowl, discard yolk (be careful not to get any yolk in the bowl, this will stop the whites getting fluffy)
Beat with a mixer until peaks form
Add in the sugar and continue mixing until combined
Spoon large scoops onto a baking tray lined with silicone baking paper,Place in the oven for 45 mins or until they dry and harden.
Let cool completely before removing from tray

try mixing a teaspoon of very low fat philadelphia cream cheese sweetener & vanilla essence together to sandwich 2 together

or 1/2 teaspoon of low fat cocoa powder sifted into the mix right at the end and gently stirred through with a metal spoon

i hope this helps

Thanks!
I do have cream of tartar. I know it's only a pinch, but is it allowed on Dukan?

it contains no carbs no fats or sugar so yes i reckon it could be used,a pinch is about 1/4 teaspoon so that is not much, something else that is often used to do the same thing to egg whites is white vinegar when i did my catering training, many years ago if we didn't have cream of tartar we were told to use white vinegar 1 teaspoon to 4 egg whites, enjoy your meringues

Back