Metabolism reset anyone?

JaxieD

Silver Member
Hi all :)

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of resetting their metabolism? I've been on a roller coaster the past few years since I lost almost 4 stone on Cambridge (most now gained back 4 years later). For the past couple of years I've been steadily gaining weight despite all my efforts with diet and exercise. I've yo-yo'd dreadfully between slimming plans like calorie counting and Dukan, Atkins, primal, WW, SW......only to go sprinting back to CD for short spurts of 2 weeks or so when I either don't lose, or gain despite eating under 1400 calories a day.
I can lose easy on 400 cals a day!!!!! (By the way i don't think CD has caused this.....more my constant dieting) I've had my thyroid checked so that's not the problem.

I've done some research online and I have made a few discoveries.....

1. I should never eat below my Basal Metaboluc Rate (amount of calories burned per day even if I stayed in bed all day). For my age and size it's around 1610 calories.

2. I exercise (spinning) 3-4 times a week so in order to maintain my weight (if that's what I wanted to do) I should be eating around 2200 cals per day (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)

Now normally I would normally NEVER eat 1600 cals as I'm permanently on a diet and would try to eat as little as possible (except on a night out). I have actually been unable to lose weight on 1200 cals a week which obviously in the past has set me off to CD again (I think that was the biggest mistake I've been doing). I think my body is so confused that it has just decided not to let me lose weight until I go under 1000 cals. Well obviously I can't live like that so I've decided to try an 8 week metabolism reset by eating WAY more than I normally do. I've been trying to eat around the 2200 level for the past few weeks and its been surprisingly difficult which makes me realise how little I have been eating. I have obviously put on some weight which I can feel in my clothes and see in the mirror (it's a nightmare but I hope for the greater good). After the 8 weeks I'm hoping my body will be sufficiently seduced into accepting its not going to he starved again and then I will drop 15% of my daily calorie total. I'm also going up introduce done strength training.

Haven't a clue if it will work but I'm at my wits end and as I've tried eating less for years which has only made my fat and miserable I'm going to give eating more a go. God know what size ill be at the end of this but I have to realise that I have damaged myself by this constant starve binge starve mentality and it has to stop

Anyone else fallen into this miserable trap and looking for answers?

Last edited:
I have seen my doctor.....twice. completely useless. I left feeling like a deluded pre-menopausal woman who was in self denial. Never again.....

Thanks

No-one else has come up with a solution. Could it be WHAT you're eating? Calories alone aren't a magic number. Why not join a group and get your diet looked at?

Thanks Patchninja,

I've gone full circle on nearly every group on minimins over the years, lol! I'm gonna have faith in what I'm doing now......I've found a lot written about it on the net and it makes sense.

I'll see in the New Year if it works.

Regards

Jackie

You can reset your metabolism by just giving your body more minerals from raw fruits and veggies.

Metabolism boost.... Eat a fruit whithin first fifteen minutes after your waking up.
Eat not more than two hand fulls of food in each meal.
Eat a meal after every two hours.
Eat a wholegrain bread sandwich with veggies in it. :)
Bake potato making french fries's baked version.
Eat sprouts in a spicy blend of curry powder. :)
So you take in healthy veggies with yummy taste :)

Back