• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Metformin And CD

downesy

S: 21st9lb C: 16st13lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 37.1 Loss: 4st10lb(21.78%)
Sorry I might sound really stupid saying this but what is Metformin?

Lexie_dog

UNLEASHING THE BEAST!
S: 15st12.5lb C: 15st9lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 35.3 Loss: 0st3.5lb(1.57%)
its a biguanide/insulin sensitising agent

I did take it and was on 1500mg a day for PCOS related treatment but now off it.

Did any one find the met help i have pcos and struggle to keep my weight in check it just leaps out of control in spurts and im really struggling.

Its made worse by the fact i cant exercise at the mo as im recovering from surgery! :(

curlywurly1234

Cambridge Consultant
S: 15st1lb C: 8st10lb G: 8st10lb Loss: 6st5lb(42.18%)
I am not much help I know but I did used to take metformin when I was struggling to have a baby..
Hope it works for you hon xx

Ibizamad

Loving losing
S: 18st4lb C: 18st2lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 39.8 Loss: 0st2lb(0.78%)
I take Metformin for type 2 diabetes. I was on CD for 5 weeks back in April and found my blood sugars came down very quickly which was fab. I was taking 3 850mg a day but am now down to 2 - CD is great for this! You do need to keep a close eye on your levels though if you are taking Metformin for the same reason.

Hope this helps

Sarah
x

sailaice

Ok this maybe TMI but I had an 850mg Met last time I was on the Cambridge and I literally could not get of the toilet! I nearly passed out on the toilet I was in complete agony! and have never taken one since
OH is picking my prescription up tonight from the hospital and they've reduced me to 3 x 500mg starting tomorrow instead of 2 x850mg.
Can anyone tell me the best time to take them? with a shake? just after a shake etc

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Slimming World 2
PCOS 2
Diabetes 4
Orlistat (Xenical) 10
PCOS 6