mexican dinner

pd7707

i am invited tonight to a birthday dinner at chiquito`s. i hate the idea of being fussy when i have to order my food and there is no way to refuse to invitation.
is fajitas ok? without the tortilas.it`s gonna be boring without all the trimmings though...

It'll be fine, just order a steak or One of there spicy chicken dishes , ask for a salad instead of fries or rice. And you are allowed sourcrean, and guacamole is reasonably low in carbs.. Just stay away from the tortillas, and anything with a sticky/sweet sauce as it will be loaded with sugars.
I've done chiquitos a few times and survived x

Last edited:
yes they do steak and dont succumb!

this is a relief

It'll be fine, just order a steak or One of there spicy chicken dishes , ask for a salad instead of fries or rice. And you are allowed sourcrean, and guacamole is reasonably low in carbs.. Just stay away from the tortillas, and anything with a sticky/sweet sauce as it will be loaded with sugars.
I've done chiquitos a few times and survived x

thanks. i thought the same. that if i stick to the steak or fajitas, or tex chicken it will be better than to give up atkins diet completely for the night out.
it sounds even better and easier to resist the temptation now,when i know sourcream and guacamolla are not that big sins.
thanks

oh, i did give up a few days ago

Stay strong. Don't give in now.

a few days ago i was really fed up. not only that i wasn`t loosing weight but my scales moved up gradually.
i knew i was doing something wrong and just felt like i better stop, have a day or two to to rest and re-think if i could really stick to atkins. i realise that with all the fat and protein intake and the massive ammount of calories i will put weight if i don`t exrcise and eat more carbs than allowed. i had to be honest with myself, sit down and write down all the possible hidden carbs i take on daily bases. i used to turn blind eye to my coffee and sweeteners. i never really counted the sweeteners i used as i knew i need about 15 for 1 g carb.
i didn`t swap my regular strong coffee for decaf.
i never really eat only 340 g of salad.
i occasionally ate more than 100 g of cheese per day.
-didn`t bother to read the labels of packed ham, crispy bacon, salamis. i knew they consist of artificial flavours that were not recommended.
- drank a lot of water but always with no carb squash added for flavour.

so i definitaley must have eaten more than 20 g of carbs daily, plus the bigger ammount of fat and total kcals- no surprise i put weight. i knew i enjoyed it too much.

so i gave up, re-read the book, re-consider if this is easier for me /to stay away from carbs/ or count every single cal i take. and finally i decided to give it another go.
nothing to lose with atkins.
fingers crossed and this time i will flollow the induction properly

well done ..i think you did the right thing ............. sometimes we need to re group ...... post what you eat tonight !! have a good evening xx

thanks.
i ordered classic chicken fajitas. anything else would have come with a lot of trimmings i might not resist. i didn`t touch the tortilas, not the nachos. but i ate the fajitas and the chicken is fried with onions and pepers. shame but i ate some onions. got a tsp of guacamole and ate the sourcream. i know i shouldn`t eat all this during the induction, but at least it was a la carte , not a buffet. i wouldn`t risk the buffet, i could go mental once i taste the tasty tortilas. and the portion is limited, i couldn`t eat more than it was on my place. i know it is large portion there but trust me, if i get this stuff at home i wouldn`t end with a tsp of quacamole and small pot of cream.
so let`s hope that i will do better this time. i will not rush through the induction. i actually find it easier when i know that some food are BANNED. still i am not strong enough to control my carbs so induction works pretty good. just 3 cups of shredded lettuce per day. can`t really go wrong with counting cups of salad,neither develop addiction to any of the permitted food ;)
thanks everyone
night

well done on being so good xxx

hey that was good .............. now just be good over the weekend !! xx

thanks guy. i was out last night with my friend but i was kind of prepared. we went to prezzo and i got a nice pollo sicilliana. i didn`t feel as i am dieting at all. my partner got spagetti with tiger prawns and i really think my meal was much better even if someone is not on low-carb diet

Back