Might come back to SW?

emmaleonie1984

Hi Everyone, I joined SW a while back but one thing after another happened and now i am back upto the weight I was before I joined :-(. I just feel I have no self confidence, I eat becuase I feel fat and feel fat becuase I eat.

Anyone else felt like this and successfully managed to diet?

Em x

hi emmaleonie1984 it's a vicious circle isn't it for years i have done exactly the same as u but something has fallen into place this time i usually only last 3 weeks then give up. i have been following s/w for 12 weeks and have lost just over a stone so am very happy i still have days that i over eat (usually chocolate) but i draw a line under it and get straight back to it, i rejoined a class so i have a bit more support. have a read of some of the diaries on here they r inspirational, good luck :)

Hi i am exactly the same but sw really has helped me. I have had a very bad week but still have lost over a stone. I am back on plan and feeling good so far. I have lost a stone so far but i cant really see the weightloss yet so that gets me down but i now realise after years of other silly diets that to keep weight off i need to lose it slowly and every pound i lose is a pound nearer to my target. Also this forum is a lifesaver where you will find loads of inspiration, motivation and support xx

Welcome back honey :)

Come on get on the wagon and sit next to me...We can be tortoises together.

Claire xx

SW is definitely the right plan if you like to eat, even if you're comfort eating. Even following SW I can still feel like I'm bingeing but it's all on plan. I can make myself a huge plate of chips, or pasta or whatever safe in the knowledge that I am actually sticking to the diet!

SW is definitely the right plan if you like to eat, even if you're comfort eating. Even following SW I can still feel like I'm bingeing but it's all on plan. I can make myself a huge plate of chips, or pasta or whatever safe in the knowledge that I am actually sticking to the diet!

Thats the thing that worries me about slimming world, its when you go off plan, and still have those portions that the weight piles back on at lightning speed.

Also, its not teaching me to change habits, just the food. Plus the still feeling guilty, even if its still on plan. Maybe that guilt is ment to guide us to smaller portions :confused:

Its taken me over 3 years to lose 2½ stones so far, but at least its going :D

been in your position many many many times.

You have to get your head in order and sorted before the weight loss happens - I have found anyway.

Was doing really well and then unfortuantely had two close family deaths over the last month and things have been pretty awful - BUT feel I can face things again now -

so why not join a couple of challenges on here - and write everything down - fill the cupboards and fridge and freezer with SW friendly stuff - up the exercise a bit (that makes you feel everso much better - even just going for a lengthy walk) AND you know you can do it.

Good luck, let us know how well you are doing.

Gilly x

I've been doing EE mainly with the off Green day and have lost about a stone. SW doesn't feel like a diet. With EE I'm just eating "normal" meals but thinking more about what I eat. Give it a go. It'lll be worth it.

Denise

Good luck, once you get into it those feeling will go away. You will start a new circle of looking better so feeling better etc!

(((hugs)))

Let's face it, most of us are here because we think the same thought processes!! As Val says, it's a vicious circle that many of us have been lost in for years! Which is why it's vital to get support from a wonderful place like this! We can all help each other! I've learnt that it's not about losing as much as possible in a short space of time- it's about the long haul and sticking at it through the good bits and the bad- not giving up just because we've had a bad day/weekend/week and feeling we've 'broken the spell'! We should allow the grey areas to happen and get back on it when we can! I try and adopt an 80% good 20% bad approach- I know my last 12lb will be slow but I don't care how long it takes me as I have to stick at it forever anyway! Slow and steady really does win the race in my book! We have to enjoy life and indulge sometimes otherwise the devil on our shoulder will gain victory over the angel on the other one and we can't let that happen!!!XXXXX

Back