milk week!!

jeannie1066

hi gals and guys, ive not been on for a few days ive become addicted to exercise thanks mostly to lighter life, i so love this plan!! well im in my milk week and cant believe im here and nearly 3 stone is gone everyone i meet comments on my new body and im loving it!!! im going into development till I get to 10 stone thats only 14 lbs away, I wish id did lighter life years ago, hope your all well, off to read all the threads ive missed over last week xx

What on earth is milk week - I guess it is not something on the LL for men plan!

hi mikey I thought it was the same for guys too, maybe not!! In week 12 you add milk to your shakes you need to have a certain amount of milk every day to start putting the carbs into your body again, then you decide wether to go on to development or start maintenance

Hi Jeannie

You're doing well! I agree with you...wish I'd known about LL years ago!

Government guidelines state that when on a VLCD that you have a break every 12 weeks by adding extra cals to your diet, LL decided that best way to do it would be to add milk rather than solid food.
A lot of LLCs don't make a big deal out of it, we were told about it at the start but were never reminded when the time came and I decided that as I was near goal that I didn't want to do it.
It makes no difference for men or women apart from the fact that men lose quicker and the foundation programme is only 8 weeks (??).
You should have got a leaflet about it in week 1 though or when entering dev.
Most people choose not to do it, however, if I was on it longer term (6 months or so) I would have done it.
It actually has nothing to do with deciding whether to go on RTM, that is a completely separate issue, you are supposed to do milk week every 12 weeks regardless of when you are stopping LL.

Well thanks v.much Ali - that is news to me and I don't remember reading anything about it either. Perhaps I should eat for a week! LOL!

The NICE guidance for obesity state thata VLCD should not be followed for more than 12 weeks continously. Whether adding a bit of milk for one week is what they meant I don't know! The NICE guidance isn't very specific.

I decided that as I lapsed a couple of weeks ago I hadn't being doing it continuously for 12 weeks - so I'm not addign the milke (this is my week 12).

Back