1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
frylight
4 garlic cloves crushed
2 cm root ginger grated
1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
4 chicken breast diced
350g dried egg noodles
1 carrot halved and sliced
canned bamboo shoots drained (I didn't use)
1 red pepper deseeded and sliced
100g babycorn halved lengthways (I added more the 2nd time lol)
bunch of spring onions sliced diagonally
60g fresh bean sprouts rinsed (I used more)

1. Mix light soy sauce, white wine vinegar, garlic, ginger and five spice in a bowl, toss the chicken, coat fully and leave for 20 minutes (not in fridge).

2. Chop all veg whilst the chicken is marinating.

3. Cook the noodles-drain-set aside.

4. Spray wok with frylight, place on high heat, add the marinated chicken and stir fry for 5 minutes.

5. Add the carrot, bamboo shoots (if having), red peppers, baby corn and spring onions and stir fry for 5 minutes.

6. Add the noodles, beansprouts, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce and sesame oil, toss everything together cook for 4 minutes.

7. Serve hot and enjoy!

This was one of the easiest dinners I have ever made!! I was expecting it to be a pain, but I laid everything out I needed, got everything prepared and it was very straight forward, I really hope you like it x

Last edited:
Also if you are making it to serve 4, you will need a large wok, mine is large and it all just about fit haha it was fun getting it all mixed together without spilling it :p

Im back! Had a lovely weekend down in Leamington Spa and was very sad to be back late last night :(

I will update with around about what I ate/how many syns were used (from what I can remember)

Friday;
B - Yog + banana
L - Ham salad roll (7.5 syns for white roll + 2 Syns for mayo)
D - Spaghetti Bolognaise
Snacks - Yog + blueberries and raspberries

Saturday;
B - Yog + Strawberries + Raspberries
L - Mango + pineapple
D - nandos chicken (3 syns) + nandos Spicey rice (3.5 Syns) + corn on the cob
Snacks - Costa coffee (2.5 Syns)

Sunday -
B - 2 Slices of small wholemeal bread (HEXB)
L - Homemade Soup + white roll (7.5 syns)
D - Beans + Bacon + 2 slices of small wholemeal bread (5 Syns)
Snacks - Costa coffee (2 syns - only drank half)

So sunday was probably my highest syn day! However, on friday I had to quickly grab something before getting on the plane (was starving) and I grabbed a cheese sandwich I could point that at 9 Syns! Making it 18.5 syns for friday!

I haven't ever used flexi syns...so could I count friday as a flexi syns day? Planning on hardly using any for the next three days.

How was everyones weekend?

Glad you had a good weekend, you seemed to have done pretty well syn wise.

Flexi synning is about being in control, (there is a thread on here somewhere about flexi synning), but in a nutshell you decide how many syns for the day, say 50, and when you get to that amount stop, some people do over syn one day & say they have it as a flexi syn day but it's more about staying in control.

Glad you had a good weekend, you seemed to have done pretty well syn wise.

Flexi synning is about being in control, (there is a thread on here somewhere about flexi synning), but in a nutshell you decide how many syns for the day, say 50, and when you get to that amount stop, some people do over syn one day & say they have it as a flexi syn day but it's more about staying in control.

Thanks Michelle will need to look further into this :D I hope I done enough to stay the same at least, if not a wee 1lb loss would do lovely then I woud only be 2lbs away from my half stone award which I could easily get in the next fortnight :)

Todays eats; GREEN DAY

B - Muller Light yog + coffee (HEXA1)
L - Home made lentil soup + 1 Slice of whole meal bread buttered (2.5 syns) + yog
D - SW Chips and cheese (HEXA2) + pickled onions

Snacks - Plum + orange + grapes
Syns - 2.5 Syns (butter) + 3.5 Syns (Small Kinder bar) = 6 Syns

Im back! Had a lovely weekend down in Leamington Spa and was very sad to be back late last night :(

I will update with around about what I ate/how many syns were used (from what I can remember)

Friday;
B - Yog + banana
L - Ham salad roll (7.5 syns for white roll + 2 Syns for mayo)
D - Spaghetti Bolognaise
Snacks - Yog + blueberries and raspberries

Saturday;
B - Yog + Strawberries + Raspberries
L - Mango + pineapple
D - nandos chicken (3 syns) + nandos Spicey rice (3.5 Syns) + corn on the cob
Snacks - Costa coffee (2.5 Syns)

Sunday -
B - 2 Slices of small wholemeal bread (HEXB)
L - Homemade Soup + white roll (7.5 syns)
D - Beans + Bacon + 2 slices of small wholemeal bread (5 Syns)
Snacks - Costa coffee (2 syns - only drank half)

So sunday was probably my highest syn day! However, on friday I had to quickly grab something before getting on the plane (was starving) and I grabbed a cheese sandwich I could point that at 9 Syns! Making it 18.5 syns for friday!

I haven't ever used flexi syns...so could I count friday as a flexi syns day? Planning on hardly using any for the next three days.

How was everyones weekend?

You did really good :D happy you had a great weekend, but feel for you not wanting to come back :( I would use flexi syns, mind you sometimes when I have gone over I just carry on as normal lol, don't normally cut my syns down at all :D but it worked for me, not sure how it affects others having a day or 2 over the syn allowance.
I have had a good busy weekend, watched some christmas movies like Home Alone, one of my all time faves haha
Welcome back xx

Love home alone! One of the classics :D

I don't usually have my full 15 syns. I rarely go above 10! So only using 6 today and will try for around that the next couple of days to hopefully compensate!

So hungry!! Glad my dinner is almost ready

Eats for 25/11/2014

B - 1 slice wholemeal bread (HEXB) + butter (2 syns) + coffee (HEXA)
L - tuna pasta + banana + plum + low fat yog
D - egg + bacon (no fat) + plum + pickled onions
Snack - blueberries + low fat yog
Syns - butter (2) + Mayo (3) + POSSIBLY magic stars (3.5). = 8.5

Possibly on the magic stars as will see how full I am when I start watching american horror story!

Did everyone have a good Tuesday?

Todays food stuffs; 26/11/2014 GREEN DAY

B - 1 Slice of wholemeal bread (HEXB1) + butter (2 Syns) + Coffee (HEXA1)
L - Quorn Sausage (1 Syn) pasta (tomatoes, tomatoe puree, peas and sweetcorn) + Banana + Muller light yog + blueberries
D - SW chips + Cheese (HEXA2) + pickled onions

Snacks - bananas + muller light yog + blueberries + 2 Slimming world rocky road bars (HEXB2)

Syns - Butter (2) + Quorn Sausage (1) + Magic Stars (3.5) = 6.5 Syns for today.

Dinner is a bit quick and small due to me going to the gym for 2 hours tonight (Zumba class then piloxing class)

Whats everyone else having for lunch and dinner? Needing some ideas...

lunch for me was buckwheat with tomatoes & a chicken burger I get these from the Asian shop & they are so yummy. Tea is pearl barley with leeks and carrots and tuna.

have you subbed to a few of the diaries on here so you can see what others are eating, there are also a few threads about 'what you having for breakfast/lunch'.

Well I did plan something hot for breakfast but ended up having a yoghurt and fruit lol so had fried egg on toast for lunch, was yummy, even though the toast was dry :D dinner is chicken chow mein again, my OH loves it, luckily so do I! got tomorrow planned, yoghurt and fruit for brekkie, ham and egg salad for lunch, then thinking 5% beef cheeseburger with slimming world chips :D

Actually got nearly a week planned out haha, just did a shop for the week, I always plan it out so I spend less money :p
Lunches:
Ham and egg salad
Ham and cheese omelette
'fry up'
Tuna pasta..will repeat some of those

Dinners:
Chicken chow mein (does 2 days)
5% beef cheeseburgers SW chips
Cod in breadcrumbs with SW chips
Gammon, egg and SW chips
Mushroom and onion pasta with yummy tomato sauce (does 2 days)

Thats me sorted, not sure if that gives you any ideas, I like to change things up a bit, so next week will probably be a bit different, I make sure I eat plenty of fruit/salad/veg every day too, so sometimes if the meal doesn't show superfree then I have it on the side :) xx

Back