Millions of people 'waste their time by jogging'

Jim

Big Boy
Researchers have discovered that the health benefits of aerobic exercise are determined by our genes - and can vary substantially between individuals.
Around 20 per cent of the population do not get any significant aerobic fitness benefit from regular exercise, according to an international study led by scientists at the University of London.

YAY, here's for the couch potato's :bliss: :bliss:

:D

LINK HERE

Yay, thats my new excuse XD

I think this is actually a very disapointing article. It doesn't mention that there are many other huge benefits of excercising, such as strenghthening bones reducing the risk of oesteoporous, destressing, weight managemnt etc. How many people actually genuinely go jogging to try and prevent getting diabetes? Not that many I would think! It does burn calories therefore does help with weight management which has to be a good thing. I worry that studies like this make people think ahhh well then I won't bother excerising, but exercise has a huge host of benefits - plus this one study only, I would need to see a lot more to be convinced! And also it actually showed that the majority of people were benefitted by excerise.

Good Point PS, but in my case my joints are all worn out form excessive overworking during my Army days, bad ankles, knees, hips, spine and shoulders. I'm all for exercise (in others) but not to excess. Your joints only have so many miles, once they're gone they're gone.

I think this is actually a very disapointing article. It doesn't mention that there are many other huge benefits of excercising, such as strenghthening bones reducing the risk of oesteoporous, destressing, weight managemnt etc. How many people actually genuinely go jogging to try and prevent getting diabetes? Not that many I would think! It does burn calories therefore does help with weight management which has to be a good thing. I worry that studies like this make people think ahhh well then I won't bother excerising, but exercise has a huge host of benefits - plus this one study only, I would need to see a lot more to be convinced! And also it actually showed that the majority of people were benefitted by excerise.

I was going to say the same thing! Great post!!! :0clapper:

I'm wheezy today from having jogged this morning in fact.

(have a rep on me)

Exercise is good not just for weight loss but for other general health reasons :p

This! Exercise energise ourselves:) And lests face the truth, the article says that 20% of population don't have much results from exercise, wich means that 80% (in others words, most of us) can have significative results from exercise. I know I do; don't be discouraged by this article guys and jogg whenerver you feel like it. Exercise realease wealth hormones too;)

Back