Mince Pie Hi Fi Bars

my consultant has not even mentioned these or a xmas taster session :( i havent missed a week either, she did mention a xmas party in december is that the same as the taster do you think?

No I don't think it is.

We had our taster on Monday and put our xmas wishes down on the mini tree.

It was mentioned that we will be having a proper xmas party in December too.

Have a word with your C and see what she says. She may want to hold it next month so it is closer to xmas.

Oh I'm so buying some of these, can't wait...! xx

YUMMMMMY! Just had my first mince pie hifi bar (had a small taster at class today tho) I had my bar warmed up with sliced pear and banana and a vanilla activia yog, very satisfying as a pud!!

i've just tucked into 2 of mine! OH had the other! very nice but I personally don't think they taste that much like mince pies! maybe it's because there's no cream with them lol xx

actually I didn't think they were as tasty as they were before. I think it was about 3 years ago they sold these and I thought they were wonderful. The ones I bought last night (and they have already gone) although nice, I didn't think they were as nice as previous.

NOW having said that I made a Christmas Mincemeat couscous cake last night to take to class christmas taster - it was a really good night and the cake went down a storm. A couple of people actually said they really liked my couscous cake - I think it's a lot cheaper to make the couscous cake than buy the hi fi bars - which I have always found expensive anyway ! Although I love the chocolate orangey ones.

The couscous cake is 12 syns for the whole cake on red and 6 syns for green and EE - it was a good 6 inches across (circle).

Sorry I've droned on.

Gilly x

actually I didn't think they were as tasty as they were before. I think it was about 3 years ago they sold these and I thought they were wonderful. The ones I bought last night (and they have already gone) although nice, I didn't think they were as nice as previous.

NOW having said that I made a Christmas Mincemeat couscous cake last night to take to class christmas taster - it was a really good night and the cake went down a storm. A couple of people actually said they really liked my couscous cake - I think it's a lot cheaper to make the couscous cake than buy the hi fi bars - which I have always found expensive anyway ! Although I love the chocolate orangey ones.

The couscous cake is 12 syns for the whole cake on red and 6 syns for green and EE - it was a good 6 inches across (circle).

Sorry I've droned on.

Gilly x

Have you got the recipe for this? We're having a taster night on our Christmas party night, and that would be lovely to make!

I wasn;t that fussed when I tried the taster tonight, it was ok but I love mince pies and it just didn't cut it, think I'll stick to my chocolate orange hifi bars :)

I bought 2 packs last week but they didnt last long as my small son rather liked them too! Went to group last night with every intention of buying another 2 packs and the Christmas made Extra Easy cookery book but won one pack in a game we played and another pack and the cookery book in the raffle!
RESULT!!!
xxx

Sorry peeps - been busy day.

Couscous Mincemeat Cake.

4 oz couscous = 6 syns (on red) free on Green. (although this has been debated time and time again that using couscous in a cake - you should syn it as a flour substitute) - you have to make the decision. I still lost weight.

3 large eggs.
4 tbsp sweetener.
juice of one lemon (optional)
3 level tbsp of fruit mincemeat (6 syns) on all plans.
2 tsps mixed spice.

cover the couscous with the same amount (height wise) of hot water - let soak and couscous expand. Mix in the lemon juice if using and sweetener and mixed spice.

then add the mincemeat and whisk eggs and add that too - pour into a round flan dish about 6 - 8 inches round - I poured a little oil into the non stick dish and wiped it round with kitchen roll. bake in preheated oven of 180 c for about 30 - 40 minutes - all depends on if your oven is fan assisted etc - AND when you put a fork into the middle it comes out clean.

This really is a delicious cake.

i have mine to try tonight, will let you all know

Sorry, but they were just odd.

they were all too.... mixed spice/cinnamon, sweetenered.. fakes!

it was odd, didnt like them at all. Bearable, but in no way enjoyable.

REAL MINCE PIES FOR THE WIN

I made a festive cake thing for my breakfast this morning

i used.......

2 weetabix (HEB/6 syns)
5 scan brans (HEB)
1 tbsp of mincemeat (2 syns)
Gingerbread syrup (2 syns per blob!)
half a cup of sweetner,
3 eggs,
mixed spice and ground ginger to taste

soak the scan brans in water and add weetabix - drain off any excess water.
add eggs, sweetner and mincemeat and MIX!!!
add drops of gingerbread syrup
pour into a cake/pyrex dish and top with spice/ginger

Cook on 180 for 20-25 mins - check and when its golden brown its done!!!

Tastes like christmas!!!! (and is Fibre-tastic!!!) x

Half the cake is one HEB and 3 syns - or whole cake is 2 HEB and 6 (if you are doing RED/GREEN) but the cake is quite big/filling so not sure you could eat it all in one go???

x

i tried a sample at class and they seemed quite nice....will have to try full one to make up mind properly!
hubby tried one properly and said they were very nice!

Back