Mince recipes

shezam

Silver Member
Hiya, need some ideas to use my el mince on? Getting bored of chilli/spag bol & my partner doesn't like cottage/shephards pie. Thanks in advance!
Sxxx

jezzi999 said:
Try searching for recipes for homemade burgers, meatballs and meatloaf. Or how about tacos, lasagne, mossaka?

Oh burgers sound good, can't do lasagne without a proper cheese sauce! Never though about meatloaf, thanks! x

I love burgers and have them most weekends as they feel like a real treat! They're so easy to make. I roughly chop one red onion and mix with the extra lean mince. Add a few sprinkles of Aromat and a dash of Soy Sauce. Mix the mixture and shape into patties. Pop in the oven for 20 minutes or so (varies depending on size of the burger). These are really gorgeous served in a wholemeal roll (HExB) or just with salad and wedges!

Also, the burger recipe can be used to make meatballs too! Make them exactly the same way, just make them smaller. Whip up a really quick sauce by frying a red onion, red pepper and mushrooms in frylight. Add 1 tin of chopped tomatoes and season with garlic and chilli flakes. Remove from the heat and stir in some Quark/FF natural yogurt. Serve with pasta for a super easy creamy pasta and meatballs.

I know you say you're sick of spag bol, but what about having it another way rather than just with spaghetti? Sometimes I like to roast a pepper and stuff it with bolognese sauce. Makes a nice alternative.

meatloaf, great idea. i'm still learning what i can and cant' include. i'm gonna google and see if i can find and SW recipe

Hi have you tried the mini babybel burgers? you basically get a mini babybel light and wrap your burger mix around it, making it into a mini pattie, then cook, it makes the babybel go all melted, and gooey in the middle...yummy..All the ladies in my group are going nuts on them at the moment..
Also I quite often make burgers in gravy for my lot, just mince, onions, garlic, bind with 1 beaten egg, shape into patties, and brown off in frying pan with fry light, then make up a batch of thickish gravy, and add to burgers in pan, cook for about 30-45 mins on a lowish heat, then serve with chips, or potatoes, and veg, really lovely, and filling, and they go really soft, can really taste the flavours in them.
Hope this helps.;)

Back