Minced Pork

KittenKat

Operation Hottie Kidnap
I seem to have the world's supply of minced pork in my freezer at the moment - Tesco seem to always have the Healthy Eating extra lean stuff on offer 2 for £6, along with the minced beef so I keep buying it... but never use the pork ones!

So, does anyone have any good ideas/recipes that will use up some of the minced pork currently taking up residence in my freezer space?

Thanks
KK

I like to make curried mince, it's a nice quick meal as i tend to put in freezer.

dry fry your mince, then i add mushrooms, frozen mix veg, 2 dessert spoons of curry powder and then add water then leave cook for around 20mins. I tend to have this with a jacket potto or sw chips

Kerry

Last edited:
I mentioned doing curried mince the other night to my OH and he looked less than keen, but may give it a go and if he doesn't like it then tough!

I had forgotten how good the mustard sausages (from the little 100 Extra Easy days book) were when I made them... that's tomorrow night's dinner sorted then and one packet of mince gone!

Will have to give some of the other sausage recipes a go as well - thanks Erm!

A big tip ,lol, when anyone in this house asks what's for tea,I say "food" I don't give any of them time moan before I've served it. I bet if you didn't mention it,hubs would have enjoyed it. Keema curry is nice x

Try my Instant Mash Sausage Rolls!..................

Pete’s Instant Mash Sausage Rolls

Ingredients

200g Sainsbury Lean Pork Mince
1/2 packet (125g) Instant Mash
2 small onions, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
1tsp thyme
Mixed herbs
1 tsp Schultz “spicy season all”
*option 4 tbsp. apple sauce 4syn/4=1syn each
Method

Chop up an onion in a mini chopper, add 125g of Instant Mash to a bowl and add the onion, mixed herbs and hot water and mix to bread dough consistency. Place in a fridge for at least 1 hr.

Lay out a sheet of cling film on a flat surface and place the mixture to it and cover over with a top layer of Clingfilm, using a rolling pin, rollout until about
4-6mm thick. Cut to the width you want for the rolls.

Chop the carrot, onion, thyme, mince & spices, in a mini chopper to form a paste. Season with salt & pepper, *add the apple sauce if required

Peel back the top layer of Clingfilm and add a layer of meat then, using the Cling Film roll the mash to form a tube with the meat inside, seal the joint and egg wash, repeat with the remaining mix, return to the fridge to chill. Remove when ready to cook, allow returning to room temperature, egg wash again.

Grease a flat tray with Fry light and place the rolls on it and egg wash again, place in a hot oven on 200c for 25 mins and browned.

Attachments

• Sausage roll-1 (Large).JPG
    Sausage roll-1 (Large).JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 397
  • Sausage Roll-2 (Large).JPG
    Sausage Roll-2 (Large).JPG
    200.5 KB · Views: 299
  • Sausage Roll-3 (Large).JPG
    Sausage Roll-3 (Large).JPG
    254.2 KB · Views: 307
  • Sausage Roll-4 (Large).JPG
    Sausage Roll-4 (Large).JPG
    289.4 KB · Views: 427
  • Sausage Roll-5 (Large).JPG
    Sausage Roll-5 (Large).JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 400
bilsat said:
Try my Instant Mash Sausage Rolls!..................

Pete’s Instant Mash Sausage Rolls

Ingredients

200g Sainsbury Lean Pork Mince
1/2 packet (125g) Instant Mash
2 small onions, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
1tsp thyme
Mixed herbs
1 tsp Schultz “spicy season all”
*option 4 tbsp. apple sauce 4syn/4=1syn each
Method

Chop up an onion in a mini chopper, add 125g of Instant Mash to a bowl and add the onion, mixed herbs and hot water and mix to bread dough consistency. Place in a fridge for at least 1 hr.

Lay out a sheet of cling film on a flat surface and place the mixture to it and cover over with a top layer of Clingfilm, using a rolling pin, rollout until about
4-6mm thick. Cut to the width you want for the rolls.

Chop the carrot, onion, thyme, mince & spices, in a mini chopper to form a paste. Season with salt & pepper, *add the apple sauce if required

Peel back the top layer of Clingfilm and add a layer of meat then, using the Cling Film roll the mash to form a tube with the meat inside, seal the joint and egg wash, repeat with the remaining mix, return to the fridge to chill. Remove when ready to cook, allow returning to room temperature, egg wash again.

Grease a flat tray with Fry light and place the rolls on it and egg wash again, place in a hot oven on 200c for 25 mins and browned.

Will try these, thanks!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Kittenkat
I have found a recipe in the SW extra easy cookbook pg 92, the picture in there looks lovely and I alway want to try but didn't know where you could get free lean pork mince. I shop at morrisons and they don't have it there.

Penne with rich pork and tomato ragu

Serves 4
Ready in 30-35 mins
Ragu can be frozen
**Free on extra easy

1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded (optional) and thinly sliced
1 tsp ground cinnamon
794g/1lb 2oz extra lean mince pork
198g/7oz cherry tomatoes, halved
400g can of chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp concentrated chicken stock
8 tbsp finely chopped basil
salt and pepper to taste
397g/14oz dried penne or rigatoni pasta
chopped basil leaves, for garnish

1. Stir-fry onion, garlic and red chilli in a non stick frying pan over a medium heat for 2-3 mins
2. Add cinnamon and pork mince and stir-fry for 3-4 mins. Add the tomatoes, stock and chopped basil. Bring to the boil. Season well, cover tightly and cook over a low heat for 20-25 mins.
3. While sauce is cooking, cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and return to the saucepan. Pour over the meat sauce. Toss to mix well, garnish with chopped basil.

Hi Kittenkat
I have found a recipe in the SW extra easy cookbook pg 92, the picture in there looks lovely and I alway want to try but didn't know where you could get free lean pork mince. I shop at morrisons and they don't have it there.

Penne with rich pork and tomato ragu

Serves 4
Ready in 30-35 mins
Ragu can be frozen
**Free on extra easy

1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded (optional) and thinly sliced
1 tsp ground cinnamon
794g/1lb 2oz extra lean mince pork
198g/7oz cherry tomatoes, halved
400g can of chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp concentrated chicken stock
8 tbsp finely chopped basil
salt and pepper to taste
397g/14oz dried penne or rigatoni pasta
chopped basil leaves, for garnish

1. Stir-fry onion, garlic and red chilli in a non stick frying pan over a medium heat for 2-3 mins
2. Add cinnamon and pork mince and stir-fry for 3-4 mins. Add the tomatoes, stock and chopped basil. Bring to the boil. Season well, cover tightly and cook over a low heat for 20-25 mins.
3. While sauce is cooking, cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and return to the saucepan. Pour over the meat sauce. Toss to mix well, garnish with chopped basil.

That recipe is lovely - I make it quite often. If you have a tesco anywhere near you their healthy living pork mince is free :)

Hi try green chilli its really easy and very tasty

1 pack of mince
onion
green pepper
green chilli
dried sage
tomatoes
water
salt and pepper

fresh mint
ff creme fraiche

• fry off mince in a frying pan for about 10 mins on a high heat until it goes crspy (the crispier the better)
  • drain off the fat
  • add a good shake of dried sage & add onions and peppers & chilli fry for about 5 mins
  • add toms & water (not too much this is a dry chilli), season and let simmer for about 15-20 mins.
serve on crunchy lettuce (in little gem leaves looks good), a small drop of ff creme fraiche on top of the chilli and some of the mint.

if you have some syns left is also nice in tortillas.

To give even more kick add some tobasco once all wrapped up!

Back