Mini Me

Cherry-Blossom

I CAN do this
Ok decided to start a diary on here. I probably won't be very good at keeping it up as I never usually am. So a bit about me to start off.
I have been overweight/obese for as long as I can remember and in part it was probably a contributing part of the depression I am still overcoming. I always knew I was overweight but never really had the motivation to do anything about it.
Last year I became unemployed for 8 months and the weight just piled on and on (Ben and Jerry are NOT my friends). At my heaviest I was about 17.7st. When I finally got a new job it involved quite a bit of heavy lifting and I hoped the weight would just fall off. Sadly although a bit did it wasn't enough and I only got down to 16.6 1/2 st. Whilst working there my team leader talked constantly about food but mostly about SW. I loved the fact she would go home at night and eat an entire chicken and her diet allowed it! She had lost a good few stone on it as well.

So I decided to give it a go. Que me turning up at my (not so) local meeting looking very nervous! So when I first started off I had amazing weight losses loosing 1.7stone and getting my club 10. However, just after this I became unemployed once again, que more eating. When I got a new job it was shift work and included a lot of driving about making planning meals really hard. It also meant grabbing a snack from the garage was the easiest option. The weight piled back on until I was only a few lb off my SW start weight.

But I never give up. I got myself a personal trainer who I usually see every week and brought myself a 12 week countdown so that I had NO excuse not to go to group. Since then I've lost another 7lb or so and very slowly working my way back down. I have also got one heck of a lot fitter and plan on getting myself a new bicycle with my next pay check so I can cycle to work.

Since joining this lovely forum I have also decided to do a challenge with another member to do the 'Pump it up' DVD three times a week.

So (hopefully) this will just help me record my eating and exercise so that if I'm naughty you guys can kick my arse into gear again!

Welcome back Cherry-Blossom and welcome to Minimins.

Well done for what you've lost so far but more importantly for having the courage to go back and retake the bull by the horns. It's not easy but you know what you have to do. It sounds as though you have a plan in place so go for it.

Best of luck.

Gail x

HI Cherry Blossom
Welcome to Minimins! thsi is the most amazingsite Ive ever joined and its great fun to come home and share what efforst and foods hat you have used through the day.

Theres a broad depth of understanding here and you will never be going it alone. We are all in the same boat at the end of the day and we all want the best for each other.

Gl on your journey :)

Back