Minimins is back.. And so am I!

miss14

Hi everyone,

So I have been a long time minimins user and absolutly loved it. I think the best I've ever done losing weight is due to getting the support from everyone on here. I've tried other websites but no other has a community like this.. It's simply incredible.

I am a student and have slowly gained around a stone. Not millions, but not nothing. I'm just really struggling. It's the food that gets me! Sometimes I do great all day and cave at night. Or sometimes I just wake up and know I'm going to have a sugar filled day. Or sometimes I don't even mean to.. But still find myself elbow deep in a bag of chilli heatwaves.

So I am posting on here as this MUST be the time. It's almost a sign that minimins has come back, it must be time for me to get my act together and get going.

Wish me luck!

Welcome! :)

Ooh boy, I know the feeling of accidentally ending up elbow deep in a bag of crisps all too well. And doing great all day and caving in at night. What helps me with the latter is just not going into my kitchen after a certain hour. Which, of course, leads to conversations with my husband like, "Could you take this to the kitchen for me? I can't go in there. The fridge lives in there. It is an evil temptress."

Anyway, best of luck! xx

Great to see you back miss x

Lol at "elbow deep"... I feel you Miss14 Excellent tactic re: not going in the kitchen. I'm forever pottering around in there late at night, checking if anything's changed since my last peek... Stay strong, good luck :)

Okay so maybe I wasn't properly ready to be a WeMITT when I first posted that back at the start of December. I am wholeheartedly going with the excuse of it not being the right time of year! But now that Christmas and NY are over and done with it is really time to get stuck in. Although I'm not starting on the 1st (how cliche anyway!) the 2nd January 2016 is the official start of my journey!! I am spending the night on Pinterest looking at nice healthy recipes to have over the following week. My goal is simple - have one week totally good! A realistic goal :) small steps and all that.

I'm also going to try and predict anything that might throw me during the week. This week I have a few assignments due, so that is one of my usual excuses - I'm spending all day doing work, I haven't time for the gym and I owe myself some treat snacks to get me through! To combat this I'll make sure to have a proper breakfast, and take lots of healthy snacks with me - fruit, carrots and hummus and nuts. And on Monday/tTuesday I'll try and make big batches of dinners so I can put them in the freezer and have quick dinners when I get home in the evening. The main thing I want to focus on this week is the food - exercise would be a bonus, but no chocolate or anything this week would be fantastic. I have no idea when the last time I had a chocolate less day!

And finally, just a list of motivational reasons why this should be the last time I'm ever going to 'start' a new diet or lose weight again - this will be the last!
1) to look hot in a slinky little dress - people may say I'm shallow or that I should lose weight for other reasons and should be happy with myself but no, I'm going to be deadly honest with this. I want to lose weight so people notice! So my partner is so proud to have me as his girlfriend! (I know he already is but even more so - I want to wow him!)
2) fitness goals. I havnt always enjoyed exercise but do get a real buzz from it. And I would love more than anything to be a proper runner and go for long runs to de stress. Running races would be amazing.
3) health reasons. I am a real believer that diet is the root cause of so many health concerns nowadays, and not just the obvious stuff, things like mental health, dementia, wrinkles. I really really do think that having a good, proper, nutritional diet helps everything in your life, so starting now whilst I'm relatively healthy would be great.

Anyway I'm going to read some other diaries whilst watching the new Sherlock! Good luck ladies x

Last edited:
Hi miss14, def best to start with achievable goals. Wish you luck on the first week - it's always the hard bit the first few days getting back into a plan.

Will be great to look back at those goals after a few weeks/month, and hopefully you will have smashed them.

What did you think of Sherlock last night? Bit crazy...

Ahhh I have failed once again! I take the full blame, although some blame on my sister for convincing me to start healthy again tomorrow and go for a KFC with her. Darn her!! But have traveled back to uni now so tomorrow should be a proper start, away from all distractions (for this week anyway). Im currently writing a nice healthy list to go food shopping in the morning, and am also going to go to the gym to kick start myself. Not a very good WeMITTS member am I? Hopefully I won't get kicked into another section..

Hi miss14, def best to start with achievable goals. Wish you luck on the first week - it's always the hard bit the first few days getting back into a plan.

Will be great to look back at those goals after a few weeks/month, and hopefully you will have smashed them.

What did you think of Sherlock last night? Bit crazy...

Thanks for the support, although not a great start. Tomorrow, I promise! I didn't end up watching it, didn't realise I had already missed the first episode! Will catch up with them all. Are they as good as the hype? I loved the other series!

Just needed to comment (whilst still in bed, sooooo cold trying to get out!) saying my motivation is here! Every night for the past month or so I have gone to bed, either angry at myself, upset at myself or with tonnes of motivation to start the next day right. And every morning for the last month or so I have failed. But today, it's different! I'm going to get up (OK, just 5 more mins) put my gym stuff on and get out there! And have a lovely healthy day :) hope all you minimins do too!

Hi Miss14
Good luck on your journey, a lot of us with all good intentions find it hard getting back on that wagon particularly December with all the festivities and temptations!
Me included !
But A new year new start , is a very good time to give it your best shot!
You can do it !
x

Okay so I did it! Gym complete! Had a good first run (20 mins at 9km/h) and 10 mins on the rowing machine, plus 5 reps of the squat machine thing I think at 100lbs. Feeling good!
Thought this would also be a good time to measure myself. I don't actually have scales that work so can't really measure my weight, however don't really care what results the sad step says - body builders weigh 20st+, and are the fittest people on the earth! And since my goal is to lose fat but build muscle, I think it would dishearten me anyway. So currently, on day 1, my measurements stand at:
Biggest part of thigh: 24in (both)
Bum: 41in
Biggest part of hips: 39in
Waist: 30.5in
Chest: 38in
Upper arms: 11in (both)

So will measure.. erm I don't know.. weekly? monthly? what does everyone think?

Hi Miss14
Good luck on your journey, a lot of us with all good intentions find it hard getting back on that wagon particularly December with all the festivities and temptations!
Me included !
But A new year new start , is a very good time to give it your best shot!
You can do it !
x

Ahh thank you for your kind words :) good luck to you too!

So today went really well :) isn't it amazing how just one day of eating well can make you feel so good. I know it's probably not the hormonal effects we get from eating a nutritious diet, but I have a real sense of achievement today. I made it!
Breakfast: Got up late so didn't have any
Lunch: A big bowl of butternut squash soup
Dinner: Sausage and sweet potato mash, with peas and gravy

And I didn't have any snacks! I am reading the Whole30 book and although I am not following it completely, I am trying to follow it 80%. The gist is mainly protein (meat, fish, eggs), veg, fruit and nuts. No processed food, no beans/legumes, no dairy (I always thought eggs were classed as dairy! Apparently not). So for instance, the soup I had was shop bought and probably was a bit processed for their liking, and gravy isn't compliant. It also puts a big emphasis on no making food to look like other food (e.g. no health-shop gluten free wheat free sugar free brownies - a brownie is a brownie in their eyes!), and not to snack - they say a meal should be satisfying enough to let you last until the next one. And everything I have read about it sounds great, so hoping to give it a shot in February properly and really strict - too much going on in January to commit!

Hope everyone has had a great day.

Yay! Sounds like a good day. Lots of yellow food!! Sounds yummy. I made a butternut squash soup too, and it was yummy. Just the thing at this time of year

That sounds like an interesting diet. If I didn't need to have dairy for my daughter I might try it. Its great when you stick to the plan, you'll feel the benefits of it soon I'm sure

Thanks for the kind comments! The diet is interesting, and for anyone who is interested, the book is amazing. I'm not really one for self-help books or anything, but it goes through all the psychological and physical effects of the unhealthy foods we eat, and has really opened my eyes.. I thought I quite a healthy, low fat diet but this book turns that on it's head. And the best part.. it's all backed up by science! I really would recommend.
Now after that sales pitch, my food:

Breakfast - scrambled eggs with onions peppers tomatos and ham
Lunch - Massive salad filled with.. everything.. spinach peppers tomatoes avocado pomegranate seeds and roast sweet potato, with a splash of balsamic
Dinner - grilled chicken breast with buttered (ghee) leeks and broccoli

I also had a snack of an apple between lunch and dinner as I was pretty hungry and knew I wouldn't get home for ages. So successful day overall I'd say :)

Back