MiniMins Newbie - SW Follower

Dickiechicklet

Hello,

I am new to Minimins and I am hoping this forum will help me along my SW journey!

My journey started in May 2009 and by April 2010 I had lost a thrilling 7st 8 1/2lbs. My weight went up and down between April and the start of September but has rocketed since then. When I rejoined SW last week my total weightloss stood at exactly 4st. I am thrilled that I've lost that amount but obviously kicking myself (frequently and hard) that I've wasted all the effort (no blood but certainly sweat & tears) of losing the 3+ stone I've regained.

To put my ongoing journey into context I'm about 9/10 stone away from a modest target (hard to know as I've never ever ever been anything other than solid, chucky, heavy, fat and then ridiculously fat). I realise that, even beyond group, support is one of the key factors for me and I'm hoping this forum will help with that as my friends who are fabulous and so supportive and encouraging are simply to "friendly" to be honest with me when things are going wrong (ooh go on have dessert, you look great, etc... when the reality is I am double their size).

Fingers crossed some of my ramblings made some sense and possibly touched a chord with someone - as I really hope I'm not alone in the type of journey I have ahead.

I really hope this isn't too much information for a newbie post!

I look forward to getting to know the forum users :)

Dickiec Xx

Hiiii

Wow you have done so well so far!! 4 stone is amazing!!! I am a newbee also and new to minimims...I am hoping to loose 5 stone before Christmas 2011, feeling really focussed and motivated at the moment so thats good!!

I'm so impressed with minimins I've never seen anything like this before I love all the recipes and syn information, I'm really missing chocolate and there was a fab little post with all the chocolate syns in! I love it

Good luck and make sure you report back with your weight losses :)

Laura xxx

Thanks Laura!

I am sure you can achieve your target by next Christmas. I'll certainly be posting updates and I hope you do the same!!

Aw chocolate is one of my (many) weaknesses and I am trying a short period of abstinence because once I start I can't stop - argh!

Good luck!

DickieC xx

Haha I certainly will be posting updates, minimins seems to have taken over my life :)

Suppose it's a good thing to be obsessed with :)

Good luck again x

Absolutely - there seems to be so much to look at that you could be on here all day! Good to know there is plenty of stuff to look at when temptation comes calling! Lol!

Hello :) I'm a Newbie to Minimins too and looking forward to sharing your weightloss journey with you.
Wow 4st is absolutely amazing - well done!!!
I have 6st (maybe more, not sure) to lose and have been up and down for many yrs but never lost more than 2 1/2st at a time.
Huuuugest of luck to you xxx

Thank you!

I am trying not to get overwhelmed by the big numbers I have to loose - focusing at present on each 7lbs!

Good luck with your journeys!

Dickiec xx

Hi DC,
I'm new here and new to SW. It's great you've lost so much already, well done! Look forward to chatting to you on here.

I'm off to find that chocolate post you mentioned ;)

Argh chocolate!! I am having such a crazy and Sunday night is such a tricky one for me - I am trying to avoid eating all of the choc in the house at present.

I've even gone as far as scrubbing the bath to avoid the choc tin (there isn't too much in there and it is all low syn as the only thing I can't resist is temptation)!

DickieC xx

I feel your Chocolate pain! I truly believe I have no off switch, so can continue to dip in the box constantly if on hand.

So far im substituting with clementines, although im sure you can eat to many of those too!

Congrats on you weight loss so far, its absolutely incredible x

Thats why I could never do the Paul McKenna 'think yourself thin' diet.....listen to your body and stop eating when its full! my tummy might say im full, but my head disagrees!

I do have an addictive personality, but im hoping by acknowledging this, that things might change!

Back