Minimins Summer 2021 Challenge.

Happy with my 71/2 out of 12 target, now onto the next challenge. Good luck everyone xx
Well done @boofle. It really is a great result. You should be very happy with yourself.

Thanks @purpleorc. On to the next challenge. And hopefully I will actually have a loss to report by September.
And I too suffer from bursitis @purpleorc and @tipperary. My movement has been severely restricted this year. I am going to get a steroid injection soon. It has taken a long time for my doctor to put a name on what was wrong with me but at least I know that much now. I need to know now what caused it as I don’t think it is overuse and I haven’t suffered a trauma. I am not sure I am going to like the answer though.
I am off to read up on inflammatory foods now @Shrinkingvioletnomore.
Any way I have joined the next challenge and hopefully I will have a better result.

Well done @LittleElle. What a fantastic result. Your determination has really paid off. You should be very proud of yourself. Well done
And well done to all the rest of the losers. Every lb lost is a great achievement!
I don't know where bursitis came from but I can relate to the restrictions it can put on to you. I am having acupuncture as i can't take anti inflamatories due to warfarin. I am on Warfarin permanently after collapsing in the street then blue lighted to hospital with extensive blood clots in both lungs probably due to Sjogren's which dries up any secretions like tears and saliva. but dr believe it tried to dry up my blood making it sticky and prone to blood clots. But only having minimal success with acupuncture so i think will end up having steroid injections to lessen the pain. But on the exercise front things have slowed right down. but i really want to get back to where i was.

Wow @purpleorc you have a lot going on. That must have been so frightening. I have not heard of Sjogren’s but it sounds scary. It can be so difficult to find out what is wrong and to then treat it. It is not as simple as you might think. I think I might be ok if it was just the bursitis but like you there is something else going on which they haven’t managed to put their finger on yet. I have gone through another lot of tests this week so fingers crossed there is relief in sight.
Best of luck on your journey You have done so well to lose over 4 stone. You should be really proud of yourself. Take care.

Wow @purpleorc you have a lot going on. That must have been so frightening. I have not heard of Sjogren’s but it sounds scary. It can be so difficult to find out what is wrong and to then treat it. It is not as simple as you might think. I think I might be ok if it was just the bursitis but like you there is something else going on which they haven’t managed to put their finger on yet. I have gone through another lot of tests this week so fingers crossed there is relief in sight.
Best of luck on your journey You have done so well to lose over 4 stone. You should be really proud of yourself. Take care.
Thankyou for your kind words. I am super motivated after being left virtually bedbound due to lymphoedema/ cellulitis and followed by a year of ulcers to heal. I hit rock bottom and when I recovered sufficiently enough I was determined to lose the weight. I don't ever want to be in that state again. I am proud of how far I have come. But much work still to do.

Back