Miss-tri's Diary

miss-tri

Iv started this weight loss journey because im overweight (quite obvious really... :D) I currently weigh 13 stones :cry: and NEED to get down to 8 stones and would really like ideally to be 6 stones :eek:

Iv decided to lose weight but also to make this a proper life change, i want a healthy lifestyle for a change which doesnt consist of binging and the likes!

Iv managed to start the healthy eating diet this week (17/01/11) and i shall make it a habit to write my progress down on here as well as my accomplishments/failures/moods etc :)

So far this week iv kept to weatabix in the morning, fruit in between and finally a healthy meal in the evening. Managed to stay away from ALL junk food this week. Havent done any exercise as of yet. But hopefully will be hitting the gym next week :cool:

Last edited:
Iv started this weight loss journey because im overweight (quite obvious really... :D) I currently weigh 13 stones :cry: and NEED to get down to 8 stones and would really like ideally to be 6 stones :eek:

Iv decided to lose weight but also to make this a proper life change, i want a healthy lifestyle for a change which doesnt consist of binging and the likes!

Iv managed to start the healthy eating diet this week (17/01/11) and i shall make it a habit to write my progress down on here as well as my accomplishments/failures/moods etc :)

So far this week iv kept to weatabix in the morning, fruit in between and finally a healthy meal in the evening. Managed to stay away from ALL junk food this week. Havent done any exercise as of yet. But hopefully will be hitting the gym next week :cool:

Hey Miss-try :)

Just thought I would say Hi and wishing you lots of Luck on your new Journey :).
xxx

Thank you! im going to need it methinks :D

Good job on the first week, I also started this week and it has been getting easier everyday.
Is your weight loss ambition a return to a previous weight or a new goal, it's very ambitious of you, although depending on how tall you are 6 stone sounds extreme!

Good job on the first week, I also started this week and it has been getting easier everyday.
Is your weight loss ambition a return to a previous weight or a new goal, it's very ambitious of you, although depending on how tall you are 6 stone sounds extreme!

Thankyou :) and well done to you to :D and i agree, it has gotten easier, yay! :D
Iv never actually known what weight i was, a couple of years i was 9 stones i think, hant really been one to check my weight you see, til i got fat anyways... :cry:I went to boots and weighed myself and it said for someone my height a healthy weight would be 6-8 or 9 stones which is why thats my target... i wouldnt want to be too skinny so its when i get to eight stones (fingers crossed) that il know if i would want to carry on losing weight. But the thing is im quite short, i cant remember what height i am (yes, im pathetic when it comes to these things :eek:) but i know im short, sadly :( so 6 stones isnt actually extreme :)

22/01/11- so far today iv had weatabix for breakfast and as a snack, 2 oranges. Still no exercise but monday should change that!
Feeling motivated today to lose this weight due to summer approaching and wanting to look good for it! :D

23/01/11- still at my healthy eating regime, had me normal breakfast, going to drink plenty of water today... past 2pm and not feeling hungry at all really! cant waaaaaaaaaaaittttt until this weight is all off, already making plans to go here and there for when i have lost weight, makes me feel excited! though at the same time abit 'hmmmm' because i know its going to take quite alot of time to lose this weight so it dampens my spirits abit :( , iv noticed that when our eating and the likes time flies back, soon as your trying to lose weight time seems to slow righttt down! But im still keeping at it, because whether times going fast or slow i still want to reach my target weight! tomorrow im starting the gym so hopefully il feel abit more like im losing weight and more cheerful about doing so. Also im thinking of getting weighed at boots tommorow and then every week then on so i can keep a track of my weight losses/gains! let the gamesss beginnnn :D

I agree about the time thing, I got up and went to the gym and then the time dragged for most of the day, normally I don't mind but I have eaten fruit instead of biscuits to kill the hunger. Not long until main meal now!
I am also short (5.2 1/2) , last time I dieted I got down to 9.3 and I was a size 8/10 which I found to be about the right size. Maybe I should be lower than that, but I was happy with that size.
Also, I find that taking measurements is a more accurate account of weight loss than weighing, although I do both, I like seeing the massive shift in size from beginning to end. e.g. at the moment my stomach is 5 inches bigger than it was this time last year!

I agree about the time thing, I got up and went to the gym and then the time dragged for most of the day, normally I don't mind but I have eaten fruit instead of biscuits to kill the hunger. Not long until main meal now!
I am also short (5.2 1/2) , last time I dieted I got down to 9.3 and I was a size 8/10 which I found to be about the right size. Maybe I should be lower than that, but I was happy with that size.
Also, I find that taking measurements is a more accurate account of weight loss than weighing, although I do both, I like seeing the massive shift in size from beginning to end. e.g. at the moment my stomach is 5 inches bigger than it was this time last year!

Im in the same position! had fruit all day and now im also looking forward to the main meal, hehe :D
Im actually shorter than you, boohoo, im 5' 0.1" (1.53m) :mad: :sigh: :cry:really quite upset about my shortness, it really depresses me :tear_drop:

but yup, your weight loss is brill! sounds good and for me too, its important to feel happy more than anything else... and im overwhelmed enough with the scale measurements so cant be bothered measuring as well. im hopeless when it comes to these things, reason why i never knew my actual height.. til today anyways. How much do you have to lose now? and how long have you been trying to? also grats on your previous weight loss! :cool:

24/01/11- Ok, today i went to boots and got weighed. il write the info on the ticket i got....
weight: 11st 9lb- 74.1kg
height: 5' 0.1"- 1.53 m

B.M.I: 31.7
Bodyfat: 40.5%

First of all, i was quite suprised to find im in the 11 stones :eek: but i have a feeling that i falsely believed i was a full 13 stone when i was in fact abit less than the 13 stone (dont know whether to feel good or bad about that.... actually i do, thats great! less weight to lose that means! why am i trying to pick out the negatives! :confused:) and that still means iv lost 3lbs! woohoo!!!!! :)
But (speaking of picking out the negatives) i dont feel really happy about the weight loss, in fact i feel fat :sigh: and embarassed evenmore than usual :(

Been gym for quite a while today, went on threadmill for an hour and 10 mins approx. tried to do 2 hours but got bored going to try to make it to 2 hours tommorow! :)

Hopefully losing 9lbs and getting into the 10s will boost my confidence and help me feel abit happier about myself... heres hoping.... :rolleyes: So going to continue to try hard to lose weight and feel happy about my weight eventually!

Last edited:
25/01/2011- Had a good day today! did some exercise, 1 and a half hour running on the treadmill so not 2 hours unfortunatley but more than yesterday so still happy about that! had some fruit earlier on, quite hungry now though! cant wait to eat my proper meal!!!
feel abit thinner today but that might just be because i havent ate much so what am i actually feeling is the feeling of being empty! tommorows another day at the gym and im actually feeling slightly enthusiastic about going rather than just dreading it! woooo :D

aw thankyou!!! :)

26/01/11- Ok, today i didnt go gym :eek: but im not feeling bad because iv been working hard so i deserve abit of a rest and i shall be back at it tommorow plus my bodies aching, my legs hurt so i deserve a rest and my feet have had a cut or something yesterday because they were hurting and then i realised later that my sock was pretty much soaked in blood from it! oooops! :D

Had some healthy food, a bread with lentils which were quite oily :eek: but oh well and im still reallyyy hungry to be honest! and cold! but not going to have anything else because i feel guilty, especially seeing as iv done nil exercise today. Will have to wait til my evening meal! :sigh:

feelings wise- i felt thinner in the morning when i looked in the mirror but thats just likely to be because i woke up and when i wake up obviously after over 6 hours not eating.. my stomach is completely empty so i always think im thinner in the morning when i am not in fact so not going to get happy about that!

---------------------------------------------
ok, its evening now and im just wanting to eat something delicious like lasagne!! dont eat it much at all normally so no idea why im got a craving for it! :confused: Also for toast too!!! not gonna give in however.. :mad: just going to write my cravings here and MOVE ON..... :cool:

Last edited:
27/01/2011

went on threadmill- running for an hour and walking for about an hour. healthy food all the way today too ofcourse, had a crisp packet in m handbag which was saying EAT ME EAT ME but i point blank refused! good on me! and FOR A CHANGE i didnt feel repulsed when i looked in the mirror today... felt quite good and as if im losing weight, yay! in fact, a random guy smiled at me and gave me a nod as i was walking past.. gave a little smile back (to say im not an uptight moody git but im not interested in you or anything) and walked on. but i have to admit it made me happier than i already was and gave me a spring to my step! so thankyou random guy for that! :D

28/01/11

Another session at the gym- did an hour running and an hour walking on the threadmill, had an 2 pieces of fruit today. feeling okish, looking forward to monday and HOPING HOPING HOPING iv lost quite abit because if i have its going to keep me going, if not im going to feel disappointed and then wont feel like carrying on eventhough i will do, im not allowing myself to give up,no way but i reallyyy need this weeks weight loss as 'fuel' to keep me happily at dieting/exercising! weekend im going to relax and do a tad bit of exercise if i can and feel like it but doubt i will do.... my feet hurt! will carry on with the healthy eating though ofcourse :D

29/01/11

Had a lie in :D had abit of fruit just now and going to do some basic easy exercise in abit :)

------------------------------------------------

family had pizza and im proud to say i didnt have any! :eek: wasnt really wanting it that much really so it wasnt too hard but still, i had a choice and i said no and stuck with it! :p so im well chuffed! :)

Last edited:
Have had a healthy morning today :D had 2 tangerines so far, no exercise but tommorow its back at the gym hopefully! but before that im going to go for my weigh in which i was looking forward to but now slightly anxious about.. been reading that lots of people dont have big losses in their first week and also if you have been doing quite abit exercise chances are you wont have big losses but might gain :eek: because of muscle and so on, and because i have been doing quite abit exercise im now worried i fall into that criteria, i know that i am losing bit weight but what the scales say really matters to me :( (funny i say that considering they didnt matter to me beforehand) so i really really want big losses! dont think its going to happen though... :sigh: Il just have to be positive and drill into my head that just because i dont have a big loss doesnt mean im losing weight and just carry on... and hope for better the following weeks i guess

oh and just to note down, iv arrived at the end of my second week of dieting! tommorow will be my third! whoop whoop! :D

Last edited:
31/01/11

Ok, i weighed myself today and iv lost 5lbs! :eek: bit disappointed though because i want it to weigh 11 stones and 1 or 2 pounds but 11 stones and 4 pounds will do! :cool: if i have 5lb losses every week, il lose 2 stones in no time! :) however having said that, i actually felt fatter today than usual :confused: weird :(

tommorow is going to be a tough day because im going out with friends, hoping il be able to control myself and have a healthy option! somehow i doubt it... but its not the end of the world if i do eat out tommorow as long as i get back to my diet and exercise, speaking of exercise.. i did 1 hour walking and 1 hour running on the threadmill today, :p go me! :)

Back