Missed periods anyone?

KayMarie

I hope someone can shed some light for me.

Has anyone had any missed periods since losing weight? I'm a week late and never usually am but my friend said it could be because I have lost weight... but i was thinking surely that would apply to skinny people who had lost weight?

Thanks

Kayleigh

Nope not me Kayleigh, if anything I'm getting more regular :rolleyes: I have PCOS, and I knew losing weight would help, but for the first time in my life my cycle is 28 days :)
x

I got referred to Gynae by my GP, and they did blood tests and an ultra sound of my ovaries hun. Was diagnosed almost 20 years ago now, but was really lucky in that I fell for both my kids with no fertility treatment. Just lots of erm practice ;)

Well I was reading that dropping a fairbit of weight can increase the risk of you becoming prenant...

Hmmm...

Anyone else had any missed/late periods since losing weight?

Yes Kay i am missing a period this month... should have raised its ugly head about a fortnight ago!

Just had a look online to see if it is one of the side effects, and yes it does seem to be one of them. Apparently it is a common side effect, affecting between 1% and 10% of all people taking the medication.

Jax x

I lost a stone and a half in 6 weeks and fell pg with my youngest.

BUT I was on Metformin for PCOS so it was probably due to that. I wasn`t on any contraception as I was told I couldn`t have any more children and there is 10 yrs between her and my son? She is my miracle :heartpump:

My period was also a week late last month, i'm due anytime soon so only time will tell if its going to be the same this month. I also read that late periods was a side effect of Xenical.

Back