Mission to lose 5st (10/70 lbs and counting)

No Hairy Bikers dinner today - I could defrost something but went for a chicken stirfry instead.

I developed the start of a sore throat late afternoon - oh joy!

Pilates this evening. Can't believe it is a week since last time (which was hard - I could feel my abs for days afterwards)...and I have done no home practise :(

Just put in some stone targets too and approx sizes there. I've never worn a sz 20 but given that some of the sz 18 start to get tight when up at my highest I am best described as a 18/20 there, just a few pounds makes a difference though to that. I basically wear a sz 18 for a good 2 stone span and then drop down the sizes quicker. 9 st is not a target but though I would put it in anyway as the absolute lowest. I'm looking forward to being below 14 st - soon, hopefully :)

Last edited:
Oooo love ikea!!!
Hope you had a fab time at pilates! Does that help your foot in anyway? I remember I was sent to some classes for my foot and back, couldn't complete the course though because of work, that was Abit like pilates!
Have a lovely day xx

Oooo love ikea!!!
Hope you had a fab time at pilates! Does that help your foot in anyway? I remember I was sent to some classes for my foot and back, couldn't complete the course though because of work, that was Abit like pilates!
Have a lovely day xx

Thank you!

It doesn't really help my foot directly although it may do as it helps align the body etc. but it will take a long time to see that effect. I have other exercises I can do for my foot (which I don't do!). If anything these classes aren't great for my foot as I am on a hard floor with just socks on (although a lot of the time lying down).

I had ten sessions of physio for my foot/back and they recommended going to Pilates and there is some cross-over. It is very common for physiotherapists to be Pilates instructors too.

I want to take the whole Pilates thing more seriously but, well, life gets in the way! I guess I am going to a class now once a week which is better! I would really like to go to more classes but the times clash with work. Roll on the weekend though - I should have plenty of time to try and push this on a bit.

I was surprised my another 0.4 lbs off this morning, which means I am just 0.4 lbs away from losing my second 5 lbs. I seem to have settled on daily calories between 1300-1400, which must be helping.

Well done on your loss, I'm sure you'll get that 5 lbs soon x

So busy at work today that I only managed to eat half my lunch - I'll have to make an effort not to do that again.

I still feel slightly anxious/stressed :( If I was fit and slim this would be time for a jog to blow those feelings away!

Going to have to be a freezer meal again today (nothing wrong in that - that's why I froze them) but it hits home how it was easy to cook everything from scratch when I was on holiday and now I am back at work...not so easy (although, to be fair, I have had to deal with ten ton of Ikea furniture and a new drive this week!). Glad I froze some portions anyway!

Maybe dinner and a shower and getting few jobs ticked off will make me feel better...

Last edited:
Off to bed having only just made it over 1200 kcals again!

I ticked off a few jobs, which did make me feel better, and even ticked off more than I thought because I remembered an important work one (took nearly 2 hours) that I have forgotten about! Not much time for eating!

Well done I love how being busy makes you forget about food x

Another 0.4 lbs off this morning - making me 200.0 lbs, so I have lost that second 5 lb chunk :)

Progress so far, and new goal line down to 195 lbs. I've given myself 4 weeks from today - I was allowing 5 weeks/5 pounds but I don't think I will lose that slow for a while, on average, so I've upped the pace to 4 weeks/5 pounds. I am reluctant to put the goal line and closer than that as I want it to be achievable, even if I have the odd 'non weightloss day'.

I know I have said it for two/three days in a row now but I am fully expecting a run of sts/slight gain for at least a few days now!

Roll on the weekend! I'm looking forward to getting fully caught up with a few things - visiting other peoples' diaries is one of those.

Well done Zeke, you are going great guns. What a fab way to measure weight loss in 5lb increments. I have never thought of weight in terms of 5lb chunks before, I suppose because we think in terms of half/full stone losses which 5 doesn't divide into. love your "Zeke line" faces too
:D:D:)

Woo hoo, well done on your loss, your line is coming down nicely x

Well done Zeke, you are going great guns. What a fab way to measure weight loss in 5lb increments. I have never thought of weight in terms of 5lb chunks before, I suppose because we think in terms of half/full stone losses which 5 doesn't divide into. love your "Zeke line" faces too
:D:D:)

Thank you!

I guess I view my weight more in pounds now, after using fridgegraph for so long! The 5 lb thing started because that is the amount that is added to the bottom of the Y - axis each time I go below a 5 lb increment. i.e. when I go below 160 lbs the Y-axis will start at 150 lbs and when I got below 155 lbs it will start at 145 lbs. REALLY looking forward to being in that position with the graph again - 40 lbs away at the moment!

I would love my graph to show the full range of my adult weight (and stay down at the lower end) at some point. Lowest I have been over age of 21 is 137 lbs (age 28), which may be unrealistic now (approaching 42) but I'm not ruling it out - Y- axis will start at 130 lbs then. Oh what a happy day that will be!

Woo hoo, well done on your loss, your line is coming down nicely x

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Well...knock me over with a feather! I am down another 0.4 lbs and now below 200 lbs (YAY!).

Today is official weekly WI day and I have lost 3.6 lbs this week (week 3). As week one started off with me simply recording kcals, and consuming maintenance or nearly maintenance calories - it is no surprise that I have lost more this week than in wk 1!

Wk1: 2.8 lbs (1829 Kcals/day)
Wk2: 3.2 lbs (1588 Kcals/day)
Wk3: 3.6 lbs (1351 Kcals/day)

Hoping to average 1.5 lbs+ week for a while now that the initial big drop due to water has been lost...which should take me out of being 'obese' by the time we go to New York :)

Last edited:
That's fantastic, I'm really pleased for you well done x

Not sure I have a lot to say, but it is traditional now to post in my diary in the morning - if I have time! Not a great tradition for my back though!

I think I need to shift my focus a bit to exercise/back & foot issues now that my eating has found a nice pattern at around 1350 kcals/day (range I aim for his 1200 - 1550 kcals) - not a lot of point in commenting on each tiny fluctuation with my weight other than once a week (down 0.2 lbs today though!).

At the moment I am just doing my Pilates class each Wednesday evening. I was doing 1-2-1 lessons with her too (I did 4 before joining the class) but they seem to have dried up now. Probably not an entirely bad thing @ £40/hour!

I think I need some kind of chart! This is what I aim to do daily:

* Pilates practise - can be as little as 5 mins
* Foot roller
* Stretches for foot
* Dog walk - I think 20-25 mins/day doesn't cause any issues the next day
* Maybe a short exercise routine - like Davina's 7 min or simply some free weights

I'll have to work on this and report back! At the moment I'm not doing any of them!

Not feeling very inspired with the cooking today.

I made chicken Bhuna last night, and have three portions in the fridge - will probably freeze two of those.
Think I will force myself to make cottage pie...

Having said that, one of the many things I do love about calorie counting is that I can have a low cal ready meal if all goes pear shaped! Different story on SW!

I'm not really feeling that inspired full stop really! I've done some cleaning and a bit of ironing I guess. I have work to do as well, but that can be left until tomorrow (as I have the day off). Think I should go an take DS somewhere after I have been shopping but....where?! DH left at lunchtime to go to Barcelona for the week (business) - things always feel a bit different when he is away - I miss him I guess! The irritating thing is that someone in admin made a mistake and told him he had a meeting there at lunchtime tomorrow, so he flew today...turns out he doesn't need to be there until Tuesday! I think it would be fair to say he didn't want to go either...

Been absent a couple of days and missed that you've hit a couple more milestones: another 5lbs lost AND getting into the 100's - well done! You're doing brilliantly! :D

(Perhaps I should get myself some flat-pack furniture and try the Ikea workout, lol!)

Been absent a couple of days and missed that you've hit a couple more milestones: another 5lbs lost AND getting into the 100's - well done! You're doing brilliantly! :D

(Perhaps I should get myself some flat-pack furniture and try the Ikea workout, lol!)

LOL! Thanks Scrumbles!

Now that the stress of last week has gone...I am definitely having to fight nibbling more that is for sure!

I didn't make it to the shop in the end - decided I could make do until tomorrow. DS and I watched a film in bed instead, well DS and I watched the start - I closed my eyes and he turned it over to cartoons! Had one of those semi naps - not sure if I was asleep or not but it was quite nice. Now he wants to make cookies...

DS helped me sort the freezer out...3 bags of opened green beans, 2 bags sweetcorn - lol! I also found 2 packs of frozen mince so took one out to make the cottage pie with tomorrow.

He chose a dinner of plaice, mixed vegetables, garlic bread and Yorkshire puddings out of the freezer - he tells me it was nice! I had the bhuna from yesterday and veg.

Managed to make the cookies, cool them and get them in the tin before being tempted! Hopefully it will remain that way as I don't fancy working out the kcals, especially as they are all different sizes!

I've already had 1307 kcals today so I will probably come in nearer 1500 kcals today - we'll see! I do need to make sure I've completed the ironing tonight - it has been hanging around too long now! Rock 'n' Roll :)

Back