Mission to lose 5st (10/70 lbs and counting)

I'm really sad and love ironing. ... everyone at work laughs at me as they know it is the highlight of my evening mid week. ..oh the joys of being single! !!!!

My freezer is about the same as yours. ...opened bags of stuff that I've then bought again as I've forgotten I've got them! And loads of meat that I forget I've got and buy fresh. ...I'm pretty sure if I wasn't dieting I could live for a month on what is in the freezer and cupboards without needing to do a shop. ..The only problem is that most of it is from before I was dieting so is no good. ...I should just get rid of it all but hate wasting food so I send stuff into my daughters school whenever they are doing fetes for the tombola!

I have a list of what is in my freezer but when my OH takes something out he never remembers to cross it off then I think there is stuff in there and it has gone. :eek:

Ironing - I hate it - bet you even iron towels bex. My MIL used to and even ironed socks and pants.

I love Barcelona - we must make an effort and go again when we get back to Spain.

I don't mind ironing if I don't let it build up too much! I like things ironed though - I used to iron DS's pants (stopped that nonsense now!)! I know I iron things that I could get away with not ironing but hey ho! All our bed clothes are white and I like those crisp and ironed. I dream of having a large utility room where I could leave the ironing board up permanently and also have a rotary iron...yeah, in my dreams!

It is my day off today (I get one once a fortnight and here it is!). Pity I have work I need to do during it but that is down to me putting things off so I can't complain about that really. I do think I need to give myself some kind of a timetable to stop myself wasting the entire day. Job #1 is to take back the fabric samples book to the decorating shop in town and order some fabric to make DS some ceiling and table lamps with, maybe some cushions - I think I have found the perfect fabric to tie in all the colours in his room and soften the look (so hopefully then I will like it!). I've only just discovered this home furnishings made to a fabric you choose rather than off the peg and it is no where near as expensive as I always thought it would be! I could get addicted.

I have a list of what is in my freezer but when my OH takes something out he never remembers to cross it off then I think there is stuff in there and it has gone. :eek:

Ironing - I hate it - bet you even iron towels bex. My MIL used to and even ironed socks and pants.

I love Barcelona - we must make an effort and go again when we get back to Spain.

Ha ha, I only iron clothes! I tumble dry towels and bedding and fold them when warm to avoid doing them. ...I've never ironed underwear and don't plan on starting now! ...apart from my daughters vests but that's different!

I don't mind ironing if I don't let it build up too much! I like things ironed though - I used to iron DS's pants (stopped that nonsense now!)! I know I iron things that I could get away with not ironing but hey ho! All our bed clothes are white and I like those crisp and ironed. I dream of having a large utility room where I could leave the ironing board up permanently and also have a rotary iron...yeah, in my dreams!

It is my day off today (I get one once a fortnight and here it is!). Pity I have work I need to do during it but that is down to me putting things off so I can't complain about that really. I do think I need to give myself some kind of a timetable to stop myself wasting the entire day. Job #1 is to take back the fabric samples book to the decorating shop in town and order some fabric to make DS some ceiling and table lamps with, maybe some cushions - I think I have found the perfect fabric to tie in all the colours in his room and soften the look (so hopefully then I will like it!). I've only just discovered this home furnishings made to a fabric you choose rather than off the peg and it is no where near as expensive as I always thought it would be! I could get addicted.

Enjoy your day off zeke.

I write lists with approx times on when I have jobs to do. ...I feel like I've really achieved something if I get them done in less time!

That's a good idea Bex - I'll do that in a minute in my 'paper diary'. I usually just write a list of three things to do (can be a bigger task broken down) at a time, and then another one when I have finished that. I'll try the timing thing! The list of three things works because I'm not 'allowed' to do anything else (unless productive/essential) until it has been done. It will be interesting to see if I estimate the time taken for the work tasks correctly.

Well, I've ordered the fabric and three lampshades (lady in the shop is going to make them up for me) and been to the supermarket - time for a coffee break! I think I will pop into a few diaries for 10 mins :)

I've decided to go into work. On my day off! DOH! It is only a 3 min drive away though, so that part isn't an issue.

I've already had lunch, as I was hungry early, so I can get in a good 2 hrs of work before I need to pick my son up from school. That should clear what I have to do today and leave the evening free without it hanging over my head. I really MUST stop doing this to my day off though!

I've decided to go into work. On my day off! DOH! It is only a 3 min drive away though, so that part isn't an issue.

I've already had lunch, as I was hungry early, so I can get in a good 2 hrs of work before I need to pick my son up from school. That should clear what I have to do today and leave the evening free without it hanging over my head. I really MUST stop doing this to my day off though!

I'm a bit like that with work. ...I work shorter hours to allow me to pick my daughter up from school. ...but then spend my evening catching up on emails. ...I always feel guilty having a day off when she's in school as I could have had that day off in the holidays with her!

We all need some down time though so maybe on your next day off you could plan in a couple of hours of 'me time' and chill out with a cup of tea and a magazine x

I think I do quite well with 'me' time really so I can't complain! I'm part-time teacher so I always have the holidays off. I'm just a bit irritated with work at the moment as I have had to step into a management role that isn't ideal for a part-timer. Things could be a lot worse though! I am happy I went in as I have got the work done that I wanted to for tomorrow so can now relax.

Ideally, I would like to really make the most of this full-day off by going somewhere - maybe when my exam classes have left!

I won't be having cottage pie for dinner! DS and I prepped most of the ingredients and then I opened the pack of mince...to discover it was one I froze back at the start of Nov rather than the one I froze last week - it didn't look or smell right to I decided to bin it [says on the packet that if frozen to use within a month so that confirmed it]. The other one is defrosting now for tomorrow! I could defrost it in the steam oven [don't have a microwave] but decided to have Bhuna again tonight instead!

Definitely hungrier this last couple of days. Had a snack now that I wouldn't normally have. It may be because I'm less busy of course!

Just depressing myself...

This is my graph from just before my lowest point [21st May 2013 - 161.8 lbs] on my graph to now:

Well, it would be if photobucket wasn't playing up!

Anyway, to get back down there...

@ 2lbs/wk - 11 July
@ 1.5lbs/wk - 22 Aug
@ 1 lb/wk - 21st Nov

This day will come and I will go even lower [and stay there this time!].

As I have already had 1548 kcals today...I think it could be time for bed!

I don't think it has done me any good at all being less busy. I bumped into a friend in the supermarket today - she is a fitness trainer! HA! Anyway, I really want to join one of her kettlebell courses (2x/wk for 6 weeks). The next one starts next week I think, and I am not ready (foot/back) but maybe the one after that? More realistically in twelve weeks. I'm going to do this!

Last edited:
I always find it slightly unnerving when weight comes off evenly! After losing 0.4 lbs/day for 5 days in a row, I have lost 0.2 lbs/day for 3 days in a row. I know that won't continue!

I am getting through far too much caffeine free diet coke at the moment - I would say it is a lazy habit rather than a need so I think the best thing to do is not buy any more!

Now to face the day...

I always find it slightly unnerving when weight comes off evenly! After losing 0.4 lbs/day for 5 days in a row, I have lost 0.2 lbs/day for 3 days in a row. I know that won't continue!

I am getting through far too much caffeine free diet coke at the moment - I would say it is a lazy habit rather than a need so I think the best thing to do is not buy any more!

Now to face the day...

I'm a coke addict too....need to stop buying it but it feels like a treat some days!

Yes, it is a bit of a treat. I didn't buy any yesterday, and I have run out, so I'll see how long it takes before I am back down the shops for them!

Had book club at my house last night (sometimes we talk about books) - it was a really good laugh. I was very restrained with the nibbles. Found I always need some 'downtime' after these things, so even though it finished at 10.30 pm, I didn't get to sleep until late - a bit tired this am.

My STS streak hasn't arrived yet, as I am down another 0.4 lbs today. Although, thinking about it more, it is usually mid-cycle that I have a big slow down so maybe I won't for another week or so.

Does cola etc stop you from sleeping?

No, because I buy caffeine free!

I think I am fine with having 1-2 a day - it was the fact I was having more like 3/4 cans/day that made me aware of it.

I still haven't got any in and I am good with that. I may get some more in but keep them in the shed so that I really have to 'think' to reach out and grab one.

I accepted my son's place at secondary school today. Where has the time gone?!

Pilates again tonight. Where has this week gone?! I managed one, tiny, practise session again this week - not good enough!

Three of us at book club last night decided to do a kettle bells course starting in 8 weeks..must get my back and foot started by then!

Having cottage pie again for dinner tonight. I should have put it in the oven rather than had a snack...still hungry!

Yep - should've just put my dinner in when I realised I was hungry! Now had 250 Kcals of snacks...and my dinner is in!

When I have had dinner I will be up to 1266 kcals - so I guess there is still a bit of wriggle room for a small snack after Pilates if I need one.

1266 is fine. ...I'm at 1400 so far not including any dinner as went the pub for lunch! Off for a killer exercise mission now to earn my salad! !!!!

With all this up and down yo-yoing...

The net result over these years has been:
10.4 lbs lost
5 lbs lost
15.4 lbs lost
21.4 lbs gained
7.2 lbs gained
2015 9.2 lbs lost...so far!

I'm already having one of my better years - as long as I at least maintain until January, of course! Result I want:

2015 70 lbs lost

:)

Did not know that Caffeine Free was available - I never look as I do like it but it keeps me awake - will look for that when I get back.

Back