Mix-a-Mousse

Best way - 150 ml of very cold water

put scoop of mix a mousse into the shake packet and hold the top together and give it a shake

whizz up with electric whisk for 1 minute

scrape lumps off whisk and sides and whizz for another 20 seconds

pour into bowl and in the freezer for 5-10 mins - will have air bubbles on top and is YUMMY!

hi

ive never made a mousse, only jellies but from what ive read u need a really really good blender, mine was a bit of a cheap one think thats why it put me off making one :D

I use a Hinari Genie to make mine (a bullet blender). I use very cold water and tip the packet of shake powder on top of the water. This floats for a while, creating a little 'raft'. I put a scoop of MAM on top of this and then very quickly blend.
It only takes about 20 seconds or so in the genie. Pour into a bowl, chill and BINGO!

Incidentally, I used to use the same method when I used my braun stick blender before I had the genie ...
The secret is not to let the MAM powder come into contact with water directly or it turns into a gloopy blob!

Thanks everyone

I'm going into my 4th week of CD and need a change, so thought I would give the mousse a go. Went a bit lumpy on my first attempt, but you've given me some great advice that i'll certainly try.

I'll let you know how I get on!

;)

P.S - This site is a life saver - love it!!!!

Thanks everyone

I'm going into my 4th week of CD and need a change, so thought I would give the mousse a go. Went a bit lumpy on my first attempt, but you've given me some great advice that i'll certainly try.

I'll let you know how I get on!

;)

P.S - This site is a life saver - love it!!!!

I only use a cheap hand blender :) Just make sure you do blend it for at least a minute. Also I use more water than is recommended :)

I must be unusual cos I use an old fashioned whisk and although its hard work, it turns out just fine (and I burn a whole lot of calories, just abit worried about my over-developed right arm LOL). i think the key is to mix the powder and the mousse- either in the pack as above or in a bowl and then pour in.

Back