mix a mousse

I put one level scoop of mousse mix into the shake packet and mix it together really well (i use a long handled teaspoon)

i always have a cold bottle of water in the fridge. I measure out 150mls into the bowl i will be using to make the mousse it and put it in the freezer for between 10 and 20 mins until its just forming a very very in skin of ice on top of it.

then I take it out, dump the shake/mousse mix into it and whizz it up with an electric hand held balloon whisk for between one and a half and two minutes.

Then bung it back in the freezer for 5 mins and its perfect!

Following these steps is has worked perfectly every time (well apart from the time i forgot to put the mousse mix in and ate the lot with a teaspoon out of the bowl, wondering why it hadnt set :D)

I find it way way to think. so I put my 150mls of water in the freezer for a while in a bottle. I don't use the full scoop of the powder, I find its too thick for me then. So I use exactly half. Turns out the scoop is 15ml so with cake making messureing spoons I put in 7.5ml. I leave the water till its starting to go to ice. I mix the mix a mouse with the flavour I want in the packet with a long spoon as well :) I put it on top of the water in a jug and use a hand blender. I find it works best if it gets a really good mix.
Then I pour it in to a bowl and leave it in the freazer for 5 mins.
Its cold water gelitine powder so it sets really quite fast, but I find the shakes taste best over ice or really really cold, the mouse is the same.

I don't actually like it, Its not like normal mouse. I can never get it fluffly and light, I would say its more like blamonge in texture.
Good luck anyway.

My way seems so much easier lol

I pour 150 ml very cold water into jug pour in my powdered shake
Add 3/4 scoop of mousse mix making sure it is on top of powder ( the trick is not to let the mousse mix touch the water )
Then blitz for couple of minutes
Pour into bowl and freeze for 15 mins .......simples !

Oooh, we all have slightly different methods it seems! I always make it using 200 mls very cold water from the fridge : about 3/4 (thats three-quarters, not 3 to 4 scoops!) of the scoop shaken into the mousse mix in the packet and stirred really well.

As soon as I add the dry mix to the water I whizz it with an electric hand blender for about a minute, then pour mixture into a sundae dish and pop back in the fridge for about 5-6 minutes. It's light and fluffy with an Angel Delight sort of texture.

Enjoy experimenting !! xx

Thanks for all your help ladies. I'll try each and everyone. My first attempt resulted in a bowl of solid gloop. Yuk!

Good luck for my second attempt.

Shirley x

Don't think Im allowed yoghurt as Im supposed to be on ss. Sounds yummy though. I LOVE greek yoghurt.

Shirley x

Back