Mixing HEs

fayhamy

This time its for keeps!
Just wondering what the rules are re mixing hea and heb ie if i have half of my milk allowance can I have 2 or laughing cow cheese to make up other half? Also re heb if i have 1 slice of small wholemeal bread can I have 2 ryvita also or is this a big no no?

Would be grateful for your advice.
Great thread!

You can split your HEs as long as they are single food items - so milk, cheese, bread are fine but not porridge because the HEB is supposed to be porridge plus oat/scan bran.

this thread has been very helpful

I work in a care home so surrounded buy nice food all day long, i have taken to had 4 weetabix for breakfast or tea made with hot water(depends on what i am working) as 2heb. this fills my up for the shift and stops me snacking on all there food and snacks.

Is this ok i just assume it is.

I never do ee days just red and green.

You can use your healthy extras whenever and however you want, so long as they're on the 'allowed' list and they're weighed if they need to be, then it's fine.

You can split your HEs as long as they are single food items - so milk, cheese, bread are fine but not porridge because the HEB is supposed to be porridge plus oat/scan bran.

I have Porridge with wheatgerm from Waitrose so that i dont have to have a scan bran. it is on the HexB's on the SW website.

I have shreddies 28g but dont have the ryvita with it, couldnt face that in the morning.gemma, just remember to syn your other 2 weetabix as only 2 are allowed as a HEB

I have shreddies 28g but dont have the ryvita with it, couldnt face that in the morning.

You don't have to have the ryvita at the same time as the Shreddies - just at some point that day as part of your HE.

gemma, just remember to syn your other 2 weetabix as only 2 are allowed as a HEB

On red and green days (which Gemma said she was following), you're allowed 2 B and 2 a choices for your healthy extras - No need to syn the other 2 weetabix!

Back