Mmmm I had forgotten what peas taste like!

kati

Gold Member
Hi everyone. today is my first day of weightwatchers :)
i havent really read through the core thing properly so am starting with the points system.

I'm enjoying actually thinking about what im putting into my mouth instead of just grabbing whats available and I've even impressed myself by cooking the first proper meal in months (seriously) and its all for me, whereas before I wouldnt cook a proper meal if the kids werent here.

I've worked out I am allowed 21 points per day so today I've had

porridge with skimmed milk, 3 points (I like lots of milk)
salad with ham beetroot and salad cream 2 points
quavers 2.5 points
an apple .5 points
chilli 7 points
milk 2 points

ok so thats 17 points what else can i have mmmm

must check how many i can save for another day

Hi Nikki

Sounds like you got off to a good start. Dont carry over more than 4 a day.

Any problems or questions, just shout, therell be someone not too far away to help

thanks everyone. I never got anything to write it all down on so thought I might as well put it on here then i wont lose it lol.

I've had more coffee with milk so that'll be another point used up with 3 left. It's only 7 30 so dont know if I will eat anything else or not. I don't usually tend to have anything at night but knowing I can might mean I'll end up having something anyway. Those choc chip cookies are looking very tempting at the minute.

i gave in and had toast last night so that took me up to my 21 points. no problem just none saved for the weekend.

Today I've pretty much eaten the same apart from the quavers and apple so got 3 points left. I'm hungry though so they wont get saved either. No idea what I'll have.

I think I'm going to have to freeze the chilli cos I'lll get sick of eating it every day for a week. I have a recipe book I'll have to get it outand see what i can make

there are loads of them near me the one I went to was about a mile away.

Had a bad day today and what do i do when i have a bad day? I turn to food so gone over my points. All healthy stuff though so not tooooo worried, I'll have to do extra exercise over the weekend to make up for it.

Hi Kati

Hope you are really successful with weightwatchers and enjoy it. You and Kazz can continue to be great support for one another too.

I've never done weightwatchers myself but I know plenty who have successfully.

All the best.

Dizzy x

Hey Chix, hope your doing ok!! Its gonna take time for us both to get used to WW I think!

I have 5 points left and havent had any tea yet cos I was at a party so need to go find something fairly substantial to eat cos I am completely ravenous!

Welcome to Weight Watchers

Best of luck to you!

thanks everyone :)

I'm one of these scale hoppers I'm afraid (I know its not good for you but it keeps me on track) but fantastically I have lost over a pound already woohoo and I feel sooo much better about myself because I'm actually doing something about it now instead of thinking oh if I can just get through today without eating I can start. Now instead I'm thinking well I can have that if I want it I just have to adjust what I eat later.

Like last night I knew I only had 4 points left for my tea so piled a load of veg into the steamer and where I would normally have potatoes I decided against it so I could use those points on some chicken and gravy. It's fantastic, before I would have thought oh sod it I will just have to go over my points. I had a huge meal and left some of it too.

I did ruin it by having a ktkat afterwards though but never mind, it's not going to ruin everything like it would have if I was dong CD still.

So far today I've had 8 points but am starving so need to have something a bit more substantial soon to get me through the day. Need to do some exercise too because it's the weekend so I'm not on my feet all day like I am at work. hmmm maybe shopping would be a good idea

Hi Kati, it might take a few days for you to get into the swing of WW so don't worry if you go a few points over. I am sure as the week progresses you will settle into the diet nicely. And next time you feel yourself going over your points, come on here and see if we can persuade you to stick to your limit and remind you how super slim and sexy you are going to be for the summer if you stick to your points! :D

thanks everyone :)

I'm one of these scale hoppers I'm afraid (I know its not good for you but it keeps me on track) but fantastically I have lost over a pound already woohoo and I feel sooo much better about myself because I'm actually doing something about it now instead of thinking oh if I can just get through today without eating I can start. Now instead I'm thinking well I can have that if I want it I just have to adjust what I eat later.

It's amazing how much more positive you feel just knowing that you're doing something isn't it! Keep it up, you can only feel better! :D

So far today I've had 8 points but am starving so need to have something a bit more substantial soon to get me through the day. Need to do some exercise too because it's the weekend so I'm not on my feet all day like I am at work. hmmm maybe shopping would be a good idea

Shopping is the BEST form of exercise!! Honest! ;) Enjoy. xxx

lol thanks, my shopping lasted all of oooh 10 minutes when i went into pc world and bought a wireless internet thingy then came straight home to set it all up then I've been home ever since.

I've done really badly this weekend I've just felt so hungry all the time and have eaten too much. I dont think I've gone very outrageously over my points but still was bad enough. i stupidly didnt by salad because i thought oh I can get that free at work...didnt count on not being there at weekends (like i never normally am) and still need to get in the habit of cooking more proper meals for us all.

just made a sunday dinner for tea (yes I know its monday) and it was lovely. Haven't cooked anything like that since last september and have missed them to be honest. I even had yorkshire puddings!!! I would never have them before because they were too fattening, today i just had them because I could. I think in future I'll just have one or none because they aren't really that nice and I can use the points on better things.

To be honest I have been having toast with lemon curd on for breakfast and I would never have had that before doing ww either. It's just kind of well I'm allowed it so I'll have it.

done lots of cleaning today to keep my mind off food and it seems to have worked. Although i came across a couple of WW cookery books which I'll try using......what on earth is quark though? where do I get that from?

lost 2lbs yay. didnt stick to my points properly all week but its all much better thann what i was eating before.

I'm happy with 2lbs

Back