mommyB's Harcombe journey-sneaks back in via the side door

Thank you for your support Madam dotty !
You're right,this is the point in the past where i would decide that its not worth the hassle-or I am not worth the hassle,but this time i am not giving in to those negative thoughts. I already feel so much better and dont want to go back to where I was.
This will pass. Today is already a better day so onwards and upwards or should that be downwards ? LOL

MommyB, don’t beat yourself up, you have done so well, just look at your blue writing at the bottom of your post! The first 5 days were really hard for me, but knowing you have lost that weight in such as short time inspired me. As you say, onwards and upwards..

After another half hearted Harcombe week ,a very lucky sts on friday AND a bit of a blow out last night I have started phase 1 again today.

had bacon and tomato for brekkie
Will have trout fillet and carrots for lunch and pork chop with rice peppers and mushrooms tonight ( yes I know mushrooms not strictly P1 but they need using up and I dont have anything else in til i go shopping tomorrow )

This is about the best diet I have ever been on and I will make it work for me !!

well done, you've got back into it and that's the main thing and a good idea to do phase 1 to get you back on track.

You're right, it is a fab diet, and you can do it :)

Best of luck with your re-start.

seems very quiet on the harcombe section for the last few days. Am still doing phase 1 again ( day 4 today) thankfully the headaches passed quickly this time. Had a bit of a blip today but shall file it away and forget about it

Last edited:
Hi Jane, after a very frustrating week on the new WW Pro Points, I am seriously considering giving THD a bash. I have downloaded the book and the recipe book and like what I have read so far. I think it will just need me to plan a bit more in advance. I have had a good look at your posts on here (hope you don't mind me sneaking a peek :)) and I am feeling quite motivated to give it a go.

Good luck for day 4 & 5 of Phase 1, I really hope you see a good loss at the end of it.

Lesley
x

Hi Lesley, ok i lied yesterday it was actually day 4, today is my last day of repeating phase 1 !!

I have found it a really good diet, I can eat things like cheese and cream with feeling guilty. Dont really miss bread,tho do occaisionally,but then I have some LOL

The first time I did phase 1 i expected to find it really hard,but was surprised that it wasnt as bad as i thought,not wieghing,measuring or counting anything. Gives a feeling of freedom like I havent had for years, and still lost eight-cant be bad.!!

Omg I have just had the most simple but satisfying tea-D&A 97% sausages with BNS chips and a bit of mayo to dip in ( ok that's not strictly allowed but hey it's friday !!) twas truly gorgeous and just what I was in the mood for !!

Glad you enjoyed it-one of my favourite phase 1 meals is brown rice with a small tin of mackerel in olive oil,with chopped cherry tomatos,cucumber,spring onion and black olives-all mixed in a bowl-fast simple and gorgeous !!
How can you not love the food on this diet !!

Back